livetothefullest
Participant
@livetothefullest

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and this is my first post. I have just finished drawing out a tattoo for myself but I am not happy with the top part of it. I was just looking for any kind of imput to improve it. Here is a link to my drawing. (I know it is not very good, so there is no need to beak it, I am looking for an ideas to make it better!:D) Thanks in advance for any help. The part I dont like is the black triange at the very top! Thanks!

http://s880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/bigkicker_18/?action=view&current=IMG00079-20110807-1753.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

IMG00079-20110807-1753.jpg

What the fuck does beak it mean?

livetothefullest
Participant
@livetothefullest

haha i meant there is no need to tell me how bad the drawing is, I’m not an artist lol

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

For people who don’t think they can draw why would you want your art work tattoo’d on you. Go to a professional tattoo artist to draw your idea up for you and decide whether you are happy with what he has come up with.

livetothefullest
Participant
@livetothefullest

I am not planning on getting my exact drawing tattoo’d on me, I am just making an idea for the artist so they dont have to start from scratch

Panter
Participant
@panter

Good work, that’s pretty cool 😎

I wouldn’t worry about trying to sort it out any more yourself, let your artist rework it and see what you think

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

As a sketch it is not that bad a first concept attempt.

There are a number of things you can do to improve it;

1. Bolden the lines at the sides as they seem quite thin to be supporting the head above.

2. You can include a lot of celtic knot work or more pattern in the in the black space at the top.

3. Maybe add some drop shadowing behind the sticks.

4. Make the word bigger and so it wraps around the top more.

Hope it helps.

Take Care
Matthew

livetothefullest
Participant
@livetothefullest
Sherav;93582 wrote:
Hi

As a sketch it is not that bad a first concept attempt.

There are a number of things you can do to improve it;

1. Bolden the lines at the sides as they seem quite thin to be supporting the head above.

2. You can include a lot of celtic knot work or more pattern in the in the black space at the top.

3. Maybe add some drop shadowing behind the sticks.

4. Make the word bigger and so it wraps around the top more.

Hope it helps.

Take Care
Matthew

Thanks alot for the advice, I took my design to an artist yesterday and he mentioned some of the same things as you, he took out the black at the top and made the writing centered and go through the top part of the spade, I really like it!

Amok
Participant
@amok

Not a bad deisgn, could look nice with the right artist.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.