whenigrowup
@

Hello! Im interested in getting my first tattoo after thinking about it off and on for the past TEN years. I’m a big musical theatre nut so I wanted to get either a phrase or picture/symbol, possibly both. My newest idea is to get it on my ankle/foot saying “look to the Western Sky” (it’s from “Wicked”). I also may be interested in getting some stars reaching from the quote up to the symbol of the witch (off of the “Wicked” playbills) on my ankle. I have an idea what I would like for this to look like but I can’t draw it out myself as I am unfortunatly not very artisticly inclined. I know I can go to a tattoo shop and they can help me, but I worried about where to go. I live in Lexington KY and the couple shops I went to to check out their work I was scared off b/c they gave me a bad vibe. Any ideas about the tattoo or a parlor in Lexington (or Louisville etc) that you’d recommend? Thanks!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Why Wicked? I’m sure it’s a great musical, (and one I’m definitely thinking about seeing when I visit New York on labor-day weekend) but it’s not the most iconic one around.

It’s an interesting idea, though. I think I would choose Chicago or Phantom Of The Opera or one of the very old, very Broadway classics. Hmmm… the Phantom’s mask could be a cool tattoo.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Try http://www.studioinktattoo.com/ Nate Beavers is very good, but for what you’re looking for, I’m sure one of their other artists would do just fine.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Sounds like you know what you want. Make sure you are 100% before doing it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.