Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Tootsies = feet… For those of you who didn’t get my cutsey title :p

I was originally thinking of getting my first tattoo on the inside portion of my foot, but after seeing this “news” story – if you can call any celebrity story “news”.. =/ , now I’m not so sure…

It didn’t really occur to me about the tattoo not looking nice for very long considering all the time spent in socks and shoes and whatnot. Makes total sense though. I live in Michigan so its not like flip flop weather lasts very long ๐Ÿ™ I want my tattoo to stay looking nice and not have to have it touched up too often.

The other spot I was considering is inside my hip bone area – which will still have clothes over it, but probably less rubbing friction than socks and shoes overall…

Thoughts? Experiences with the lasting integrity of foot tattoos? I’m planning on asking the shop their thoughts, but you guys know what you’re talking about so wanted to bounce it off you first ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Feet and hands will regenerate the skin at a much higher rate than the rest of the body. If you want to maximize the lifespan of your tattoos, don’t do it on those places ๐Ÿ™‚ Most anywhere else should be about the same though.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Thanks for the reply ๐Ÿ™‚

I know everyone is different, but in general I wonder how long it would stay looking nice before needing retouching? If its awhile, it may still be worth putting it there.

I dunno, I’m so torn! >.<

Amok
Participant
@amok

Not a fan of foot tattoos, they just don’t look good there in my opinion. Same goes for hands and face/neck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.