Jonny Rasclart
Participant
@jonny-rasclart

Found this image of a raven tat-
Raven_4_by_DarkSunTattoo.jpg
I’d really like something the same, is it good form to just take this into my artist and have them draw it up for me based on this picture???

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Most artists won’t do that, make sure you have a very good tattoo artist, and try and find a real picture of a raven in that pose, and i’m sure he/she will draw something awesome up

Zach

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

That is some great ink, though!

Amok
Participant
@amok

I don’t think your artist will mind if you bring that photo in and tell him or her you want something similar. Just don’t ask the artist to copy it exactly.

slimchance
Participant
@slimchance

Most tattoo artists apriciate it when you bring refrence matrial,but most will want to put their own spin or style on it.no one wants to copy a tattoo but in a buisnes like this sometimes you cant avoid it.the clients want what they want and as long as they are stoked about the tat so am i.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

very good tattoo!

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy

yeah i would say to take the picture and tell the artist you want something similar. he / she will put their own style into it

Jonny Rasclart
Participant
@jonny-rasclart

Thanks guys, pretty much what I thought.
Found this pic and depending what’ll fit better on my chest/shoulder I’ll ask for something to be drawn up.
CORA1.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You should just bring both, and even more if you find them. Let the artist do what he thinks best, but supply him with good material to work from.

Jonny Rasclart
Participant
@jonny-rasclart
ArniVidar;90544 wrote:
You should just bring both, and even more if you find them. Let the artist do what he thinks best, but supply him with good material to work from.

Already emailed both of them to the shop today. Just got to see what will work on my chest and shoulder as I already have a chest plate on my rh side. T hey might even suggest elsewhere to get it to work properly.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Are you familiar with what the raven represents? Is this going to be a tribute?

Jonny Rasclart
Participant
@jonny-rasclart
maniacthw;90623 wrote:
Are you familiar with what the raven represents? Is this going to be a tribute?

Hadn’t considered other meanings and it’s not a tribute. I’d been reading Edgar Allen Poe’s ‘The Raven’ and wondered what the difference between a Raven and a Crow was. So after googling it, I saw the picture in my first post and thought it would make a cracking tattoo.
Some people might associate it with darker meanings but for me it’ll just be a fantastic bit of art on my body.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
Jonny Rasclart;90636 wrote:
Hadn’t considered other meanings and it’s not a tribute. I’d been reading Edgar Allen Poe’s ‘The Raven’ and wondered what the difference between a Raven and a Crow was. So after googling it, I saw the picture in my first post and thought it would make a cracking tattoo.
Some people might associate it with darker meanings but for me it’ll just be a fantastic bit of art on my body.

I see. Different Celtic tales tell of the Raven and/or the crow being deliverers of death/ protectors of the soul. Though an EAP themed piece would be cool… But only if you added a chamber door.

Jonny Rasclart
Participant
@jonny-rasclart
maniacthw;90775 wrote:
I see. Different Celtic tales tell of the Raven and/or the crow being deliverers of death/ protectors of the soul. Though an EAP themed piece would be cool… But only if you added a chamber door.

An EAP themed tat might be one way to take. A Raven sat on a bust of Pallas is one thought. A chamber door is another option,a chamber pot isn’t!!!!!

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Post pics once you have it done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.