msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

After your tattoo has healed a few months, it is ok to wear tight fitting clothing such as stockings or leggings, tight jeans etc and things that are rough that may rub against the tattoo like jeans and so forth?

I have some running pants that are cropped just a bit below the knee and when I put them on I noticed my pants leg was positioned so it would rub up and down against the top portion of my tattoo on my calf, so, I won’t wear them.

Can these things be harmful to a tattoo? My tattoo is only 3 months old. Not sure when a tattoo is considered fully healed.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

At 3 months your tattoo should be fully healed, and no clothing would ever hurt it. When did it stop flaking/peeling?

Adler
Participant
@adler

You’re fine, 3 months is plenty of time.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Mine stops hurting against my clothing after 2weeks i know it aint fully healed then but it doesn’t hurt or feel sensitive against my clothes anymore then

So 3months should be easily long enough ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi ArniVidar, my tattoo stopped flaking/peeling around 6 or 7 weeks. I actually went through a few stages of peeling/flaking before it finally stopped. I get a bit of a dry spell occasionally, but not anything like flaking and peeling. I keep it moisturized everyday as needed.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Then you’re more than ready to wear as tight clothing as you want.. the tighter the better, I say ๐Ÿ˜€

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

hahaha! glad to hear I can wear my tight pants and wear stockings again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.