blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

I don’t think anyone would remember me, I wasn’t here long before I disappeared! Anyway…

What do you guys think of white tattoo ink? An artist told me once that he wouldn’t use it because after time goes by it turns brown?? I had never heard of this before.

The reason for my question being is I want a tattoo on my foot of some little angel wings and I wanted it to be white with dark and light blue shading if that makes sense. (its for a baby that I miscarried a few weeks ago)

Has anyone with white tattoo ink experienced it turning an odd color or was this guy wack?

Adler
Participant
@adler

The artist is correct, generally white ink is used an accent color.

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

Thank you. I didn’t want it mostly white, just white in it..I guess as an accent..lol. So if you use white as an accent its ok? I really don’t want it to turn ugly down the road.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I have a white skull i got about 2months ago, Planning on getting it touched up when needed though

Adler
Participant
@adler
blacksheep;87694 wrote:
Thank you. I didn’t want it mostly white, just white in it..I guess as an accent..lol. So if you use white as an accent its ok? I really don’t want it to turn ugly down the road.

From what I know, there’s no certain answer. Different people take and hold white better than others and obviously keeping it out of sun is paramount. I have some white in an eagle but it’s definitely not as bright as it once was.

ZombieKiller
Participant
@zombiekiller

White acts as a base for other pigments ant will take on their color over time, if you have very pale skin you will have no problem taking and keeping white. Even in large areas. The darker your skin tone the darker and more discolored the white will become over time.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
ZombieKiller;87708 wrote:
White acts as a base for other pigments ant will take on their color over time, if you have very pale skin you will have no problem taking and keeping white. Even in large areas. The darker your skin tone the darker and more discolored the white will become over time.

quoted for truth.

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

I should have no trouble with white then!! I’m as pale as a ghost. I can’t tan even if I try but I avoid the sun like the plague and if I do go out I wear SPF 50 so my tattoos don’t fade.
Anyway…thanks for all the help with my white ink ponderings.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.