BenTBrothA
Participant
@bentbrotha

Debating on the ethics of my First tatoo below.

2001---Live-scenes-from-New-York-li.jpg

Asking the community if this is a tacky tattoo.
maybe Too sensitive an issue/pic to put on skin. specifically my calf (left leg)
Here’s what I know and think….(but what do you think..?)

I know what Historic Skyline it is.
Its artwork from an album cover(pulled after 9/11) from a band from NEW YORK.
Album was released on 9/11/2011, a horrible coincidence.
I’m From NEW YORK.
I was a Firefighter.
I have many friends who died on 9/11.
It’s 10 years this Sept.!!
I’d like to add more height to the towers and enlarge the Statue and add some red white & blue..and perhaps ~Never Forget~ underneath.
My wife just got a 2nd Tattoo 3 days ago → for her Mom who passed away in April.
Now I feel like doing the same..
thxs for any advice-
BB

Tribalwarrior
Participant
@tribalwarrior

A flaming apple with barbed wire? An apple wrapped in barbed wire. I’m just not on board with that look. Now, if your tat was just that NY skyline…that would be cool. Love the skyline, but not a fan of flaming, barbed wire apples

ukansodoff
Participant
@ukansodoff

Haha flaming barbed wire apple. I actually like it, i know i wouldnt get it myself but im not from New York, have no association with 9/11 and dont know the band either. Though on the plus side i do quite like Apples.

But you clearly have links being a fan of the band, New York and the rest, i dont think having the World trade centre outline tattood on you would be taken out of context or be deemed insensitive.

Well thats what i think. I do like tattoos with some personal meaning and i think for you that one is full of it.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

the big apple? ;D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.