ukansodoff
Participant
@ukansodoff

Are you loyal to certain tatooists? I went in to talk to one about 30 miles away from me, that doesnt sound alot but i have 1 who is a 10 minute walk away and about 5 or 6 perfectly acceptable artists in the town i live in.

The person i spoke to was about customizing a current tattoo into a full upper sleeve, she is currently working on it but ive been to see her thanks to a couple of friends who have started using her studio and what they have had done so far and from pics ive seen of other people and ive gotta say i think herself and the other person who works there look a class act.

So if this design and tattoo (if i get it) turns out to be bang on (and i have a feeling it will) i will be using this studio for everything i have done unless ofcourse they dont wana do it. So there is guna be some very basic tattoos for them to do, tattoos that could just as easily be done by the one just round the corner from me rather than a 60 mile round trip.

And if i used 1 particular artist for every tattoo for a while then go back and they notice ive had one done by somebody else, would they be upset? Daft questions i suppose but i tend to try to stick with what im happy with and dont like to accidently offend peoples feelings.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I am 100% loyal to my artists, i have 4 😀 “Rusty, Lee, Nick & Mick” i would never go anywhere else now as i have made good friends with all of them and the banter is amazing! Also they are all amazing artists!

I would maybe get a tattoo of somebody else if it was a big name or somebody at a tattoo convention or something.

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

For me I stick with my shop and all the artists their and no one else. At first I shopped around and now that I have found the place I love being tattooed i will forever be loyal to them and them only.

Cheers,
Marcus

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

for me, since i am a collector, i have work from 6 different people (and counting) all from different artists. i feel like when an artist sees work from another artist, that artist wants to tattoo you more to try and ‘beat’ the other artist by making their tattoo better. so its actually better. but again this is my personal opinion and either way is fine. some artist might be butt hurt if you go to another artist, but i havent been exposed to that myself.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Personally I like going to different artists. I have 6 tattoos from 5 artists, and will be getting my 7th from a different artist in Sep. I like the different artists, styles, shop atmospheres and locations and like seeking out top artists for different styled tattoos. I also wouldn’t have a problem going back to one of my first artists and I don’t think they’d mind, either. I think they recognize it as just being a collector. I don’t know if I’d go to a different artist in the same shop but I’ve considered it.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I’ve only got 2 tats atm, but several more planned. If I was going to get another B&G portrait, I’d definitely stay loyal to Shane O’Neill. However, if I wanted to get a traditional Japanese piece in full color, I would go somewhere else … to someone who specializes in that style. If I’m happy w/ an artist’s work and I want the same style piece again, then I’ll stick w/ the same artist.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I like to collect according to the style of the artist.

Once you find an artist who can do a style you like you tend to stick with them. I am going back for a second one from the guy who did my backpiece as I like his style on modern Japanese interpretation.

That said though I plan to hit Norway in the near future for some portrait work.

Many artists understand that some of us like to collect art and our bodies are own personal galleries.

Otherwise nothing wrong with sticking to one artist as long as they meet your needs for the ink you are paying for.

Take care
Matthew

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

All my work comes from Troy at Lambadi City tattoos. Been working with him for seven years, and dude’s gotta be one of the best in the city.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

stay loyal to your tattoo artist

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

This just seems stupid to me why would you stay with the same artist? Why would you just eat vanilla ice cream for the rest of your life? I have had 6 different artists and my next tattoo will be by number 7. I like collecting art from different artists always looking for next better piece.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.