kjs
Participant
@kjs

So, I am very interested in getting my first tattoo and have been thinking of lots of ideas of what and where to get it. I am still really thinking things through making sure it is what I want for the rest of my life. I know I am young, but I live in the moment and I follow my heart. I am quite mature so if I do get it, I know it will not be a mistake. Im a guy by the way.
What I want is the Alpha and Omega symbols, one on each forearm. I got the idea from Christofer Drew, an artist who really inspires me. It does also have personal meaning. Here is a picture of it:
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/nevershoutnever/images/7947567/title/christofer-drew-l-photo

Could you guys let me know what you think of this tattoo idea!

And also, does anyone have any idea how much that would cost(approximately)

I know it is a little harder to cover up, but honestly thats I want. I dont care what people think or say about it. Its something I want.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler

In one sentence you ask for opinions on what we think of the idea then you say it’s what you want so you don’t care what people think. Also, it has personal meaning to you but you’re copying it from someone else? Make up your mind. So for the record, and not that you care, but I think the idea sucks. I also don’t think getting tattoos in such visible areas is a good idea, especially for your first. But you’re obviously quite mature as you say so I wish you good luck with it.

kjs
Participant
@kjs

lol…I dont care what other people think if I do have the tattoo I was simply asking what you guys think of the whole idea and how it would look. Just because I dont care what others think does not mean I cant ask for an opinion beforehand? And yes the idea of alpha and omega does have personal meaning. Just because I like the area and the way that someone else has it does not mean it means nothing to me, otherwise I wouldnt get it. So if you could please stop mocking me and attempting to make me feel like an idiot, I’d appreciate it.
Anyways,
thanks for your opinion.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

get a good meal down you before hand and take a lucozade sport with you, sounds stupid but peoples pain thresholds are different and you don’t know how you will react to the pain.

stuart_little
Participant
@stuart_little

I always make sure I have had a good nights sleep the night before and eaten well, I also have a berocca, just before as well as have water to drink during the tattooing, and I have some good music on my i pod to distract me!!!. Good Luck

ukansodoff
Participant
@ukansodoff

Ive always quite liked those symbols for tattoos but i would really consider not having them the same size and in the same place as that guy in your link. Maybe together or close on the same arm, also upper arm. Personally i wouldnt change the font i like it how it is.

But at the moment im striving to make sure anything i get done has been halped on with the imagination of the tattoo artist as i want it to be as much a 1 off as it can be.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

you might not need distracting? i find it relaxing and always watch what the artist is doing

TattooSeal
Participant
@tattooseal

You sound young and immature. This isn’t a bad thing, but if I were you I’d either pic a less conspicuous location for your first tattoo or wait 1 month to make sure it’s the right decision for you.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I think it certain that you will regret getting these tattoos done in those places when you are older. No matter how ‘mature’ you think you are, getting visible tattoos is going to be a major limiting factor in your future job prospects, and you are too young to decide that you don’t want to work a decent job for the rest of your life.

There’s nothing wrong with the idea, as such.. just don’t get visible tattoos.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

First of all I love religious art and ink – I can see why an alpha/omega tattoo would appeal. I have considered it myself a few times and it is really only my wife that holds me back on many of my ink plans.

That said the one you have quoted is rather plain in appearance – nothing wrong with that but take a look at examples of how they can be done on this link.

http://www.religioustattoos.net/Other_Tattoos/Alpha_Omega/index.php

I am not saying these are the best ink in the world (far from it) but gives you an idea of the variations you can make your own.

Also as for placement – visible ink are not called ‘job stoppers’ for nothing. Whilst attitudes are changing many white collar jobs are still anti-visible ink. Musicians and artists can get away with it as their jobs don’t require social conformity. For the rest of us sadly it applies and need to bear that in mind.

For a first piece why don’t you consider combining the symbols to one piece on say your upper arm?

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.