AP81
Participant
@ap81

Hi,

This is my first post and I just got my first tattoo as well. Images are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/113030664769351390085/Tatoo?authkey=Gv1sRgCOmKoKm6o5i8Gw#

I originally planned on getting a detailed half sleeve, but ran out of time in Thailand and got a tiger on my back instead. It is just starting to scab.

The tattoo sits right where I place the bar for squats. I will avoid doing squats and leg presses until it is completely healed, as they both put excessive pressure on the area.

My question is- once healed, will doing heavy squats once per week cause deterioration of the tattoo? I never exceed 300 pounds for my squats, but am concerned that the direct weight on my back will damage part of the tattoo in time.

Am I just being paranoid?

Thanks in advance.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver
AP81;85682 wrote:
My question is- once healed, will doing heavy squats once per week cause deterioration of the tattoo? I never exceed 300 pounds for my squats, but am concerned that the direct weight on my back will damage part of the tattoo in time.

Am I just being paranoid?

yes…………

i like it,,,,,,upload it to your album……….

Adler
Participant
@adler

Let it fully heal first, and you can even use a towel to cushion the bar like many people do.

AP81
Participant
@ap81
Adler;85692 wrote:
Let it fully heal first, and you can even use a towel to cushion the bar like many people do.

Great. I thought I was being a little paranoid, but was still a little unsure.

Thanks for the advice! I will be squatting again in no time…

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I would hold off working out for a couple of weeks while your tattoo heals. You wont go soft in a couple of weeks but you can fuck up your tattoo forever. Oh and welcome to the forum.

Adler
Participant
@adler
buttwheat;85704 wrote:
I would hold off working out for a couple of weeks while your tattoo heals. You wont go soft in a couple of weeks but you can fuck up your tattoo forever. Oh and welcome to the forum.

Definitely follow this advice. Take some time off, be patient and let your tattoo heal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.