Scuba864
Participant
@scuba864

Hey guys, new here, just looking for some expert advice. I got this tattoo a little over 2 weeks ago and it involved a good bit of black shading, and it’s looking kind of streaky, here’s a pic.

201104051809281.jpg

20110423234735.jpg

It’s definitely still healing as there are still some scabby parts, but i’m just concerned on whether or not the streaks in the shading will even out to solid black once the new skin grows over it? This is the first tattoo i’ve gotten that had this much shading and i’m just a little worried. I mean worst case scenario i have to have it touched up, but with summer coming up i’d hate to have to stay out of water for another couple of weeks. Thanks in advance!

Adler
Participant
@adler

Like you said it’s still healing so you’ll have to wait and see but it’s not uncommon for areas of solid black (or maybe other colors, too) to heal and fill in unevenly. I had to have a touch up on the blacks on my first tattoo due to some similar issues. Actually some subtle streaking may not be bad depending on how it looks, it may add a little texture as opposed to just a solid black.

Scuba864
Participant
@scuba864

Ah ok. I’m gonna let it heal about another two weeks but I was looking for it to be completely flat solid black in the middle so I might have to get it touched up but my artist, like all others, does free touch ups, so it won’t be a problem.

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

Well that does require touch-up because that should be solid black for sure if thats what you were going for.

Cheers,
Marcus

Scuba864
Participant
@scuba864

Ok, I didn’t know if it was going to even out once the new skin grew over. Guess I’ll wait a couple more weeks then get it touched up. I appreciate the help!

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

When I was first getting tattooed, One of mine looked like that because I went to a crap shop and the artists didn’t know how to properly put ink into skin.

Cheers,
Marcus

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Once it is healed you are gonna need some touch ups on that piece. It is not a big deal and most solid colour pieces (esp black) often require this.

Whilst you can get a touch up after 2 weeks it is often better to try and wait 4-6 weeks so the skin beneath is totally healed and you are not overworking the piece.

Depends on you and the artist though.

Take care
Matthew

Scuba864
Participant
@scuba864

Thanks Matthew! I’m gonna wait another week or so then go back and see the artist and see what he wants to do.

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4
Sherav;85389 wrote:
Hi
Whilst you can get a touch up after 2 weeks it is often better to try and wait 4-6 weeks so the skin beneath is totally healed and you are not overworking the piece.

What this says ^. I have a solid black cross that looked this way after being filled in and I couldn’t wait to get it retouched. The artist could have done something to it 2-3 weeks later but really recommended that I wait a good 4-6 weeks due to this.

Scuba864
Participant
@scuba864

Yea that’s what the artist told me earlier this week. Told me to come back monday so that it has an extra week to heal up. But he said this type of thing is common with large areas of shading and is gonna touch it up for free.

Scuba864
Participant
@scuba864

Got it touched up today, I think the ink will set much more evenly this time. I’m very happy with the results!

20110502193226.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yep thats all it needed is a touch up.

Scuba864
Participant
@scuba864

I’m really eager to see how this thing turns out in about 6 or so weeks when it’s done healing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.