marriedwithferrets
@

So here’s the deal. I’ve been going through a rough time and I want to get a tattoo that will help remind me, everytime I see it, why I’m working so hard. (This would make my 3rd tattoo and I’m pretty big on making sure that my ink means something to me).
I have kind of fallen in love with the idea of doing Kanjis in sousho (cursive) down my spine: Inner Strength, Determination, Perseverance (I know all three meanings are pretty close, but I think they each contain something special). And before you ask, no – I don’t speak the language, but I’ve got a pretty reliable source for getting them right. I’ve just always been drawn to Kanji’s because of their minimalism and smooth clean lines – their look is very appealing to me.
The problem, is that I don’t want to be a part of a fad. I want the tattoo to be something special to me, not something that others are going to scoff at. I’ve tried to think of a way to convey all those meanings in a scientific way (I’m a PreMed Bio major), but I can’t seem to think of anything that would fit Perseverance besides a sperm cell. And I DO NOT want a sperm tattooed on me.
Any thoughts on this or does anybody maybe have an alternative idea I could entertain? I appreciate the help guys.

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

I think maybe getting 3 large neurons down your spine. Our inner strength is our knowledge. determination come from our brains and as a species our perseverence and ability to survive is dependent on our big brains. you could even simplify neruons into black lines

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

i have a kanji love symbol for my fiancee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.