mjllewellyn
Participant
@mjllewellyn

Hello everyone,

I am new here at have just recently got my first tattoo 80% done, 3 hours in. The outline and filling has been done on most of it. This is 5 days after it was done, the photos I mean. I just washed it and have been following the directions the tattoo place gave me. They are very well known in my area and have a good reputation. To me this just looks wrong, the black doesn’t look like its been filled properly at all. I can see a lot of lighter spots and no real rich blacks. Now I know that there is dead skin and scabbing happening here that will block off some of this, believe me I have been reading like crazy about all this… So that much I am expecting to see. Thing is that I can actually see the skin colour under and showing through all over the place. Almost like the ink was watered down or something like that. I am scheduled to go back at the end of April to complete the rest of the tattoo but am concerned that maybe he is doing something wrong?

Any advice from anyone would set my mind at ease… I know they look different in the beginning when healing, but should I see the skin colour showing through like this??

Pictures are posted in my profile

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

Welcome. Upload the photo into your profile album.

Cheers,
Marcus

mjllewellyn
Participant
@mjllewellyn

Yes… I am SLOW apparently and just figured that out !!

Thanks !!, I have uploaded them.

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

Well honest truth. It is very poorly done.

Recommendation – Start your research on a new artist.

Where are you located some people in here might be able to recommend a great artist from the area.

Cheers,
Marcus

mjllewellyn
Participant
@mjllewellyn

I am Brampton, Ontario, Canada.. Its a very popular tattoo place that did it so I am really shocked by it. Most people just say to wait until its healed to decide.

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

Well I live in Hamilton, Ontario. Waiting until healed to see the real look of it does not apply in this case, you shouldnt see your skin and not to mention the lines are wobbly.

Cheers,
Marcus

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

What is the shop you go to and do they have a website?

Cheers,
Marcus

mjllewellyn
Participant
@mjllewellyn

Body & soul

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

They are Ok by the looks of it but honestly there is a million times better shops in the surrounding area. Every July NIX comes to Toronto and displays talent from all over should check it out.
I highly recommend looking for another shop: Cambridge, Hamilton, Burlington and Toronto have some great shops worth checking out. In the end its up to you, I’m just giving an opinion.

Cheers,
Marcus

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Black is hard to get complete coverage without over working the skin. No big deal some touch up will help.
Congrats on the new ink.

mjllewellyn
Participant
@mjllewellyn

Thanks for everyone for your feedback, I’m hoping it works out.

When they go over it again is it the same process/needle size/configuration that they use or is it different some how? I don’t care about the pain I’m just concerned about the length of time and the amount of visits I am making. I have only paid for the base tat right now but who knows…

Thanks again for the feedback.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Usually touch ups are free on new work.

mjllewellyn
Participant
@mjllewellyn

But this seems to be more than just a small touch up over this area, more like paving the road again !!

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

Yea I don’t think that would be considered a touch up. Anyway hope everything works out, keep us updated 😀

Cheers,
Marcus

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

That tribal doesent look that bad compared to mine dude i have a big lump in the middle of my arm from mine :(!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.