SarahLou
Participant
@sarahlou

Hi everyone,

I’m thinking of my next tattoo. I already have three small ones and am taking the plunge and finally having a bigger one done!! I want it on one side of my lower back flowing up round my side and up the ribs, but am just wondering how is tattooing on this area?(the lower back) Does the skin begin to sag more here with age??

thanks 🙂

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Do you mean the kidneys or the sides of the ribs at the bottom?

Your skin stays fairly solid over the kidney area but can sag a bit where you can develop love handles as this is where the skin tends to stretch the most.

Been a bit of a fat git myself I am balancing the speed of my weight loss cos 1. I am lazy 😀 2. I dont want to be left with a saggy back piece 😉

Although in all seriousness I wouldn’t worry too much about it – it would have to be massive weight loss or gain to be really noticiable.

Take care
Matthew

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It’s hard for people telling you what it will feel like in this area mate because different people have different pain thresholds, some people will find it really painful where as others will find it ok.

SarahLou
Participant
@sarahlou

Thatnks guys. Its not the pain im bothered about, just the sagging of the skin so thanks it helped 🙂

Odonata
Participant
@odonata

i think it depends on your figure and fitness and weather or not the work crosses over a part prone to stacking and losing weight. however eventually most of our bodies loses elasticity with age , all be it a lot of age

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

you can’t really think like that though if you don’t mind me saying. You can’t think “oh i don’t want to do that incase it doesn’t look good in 40years time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.