vlameni
@

hi, i was thinking for some longer time to get a white ink tattoo (and it would be my first), but the more i read about white tattoos, the more im startin to think that pure white is not the best idea, as it can fade away quickly, can turn into piss yellow etc.
i’m quite pale and i would like to get a tattoo which would be very subtle, looking more like a shadow than a tattoo, but of course i don’t want to spend a lot of money to something which will be gone in a year or which will look ugly after some time. is there any way to get around the bad nature of the white ink? by adding some other colour or using ink of really good quality?
thanks in advance!

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

white ink is usually used for highlighting.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w
vlameni;84942 wrote:
hi, i was thinking for some longer time to get a white ink tattoo (and it would be my first), but the more i read about white tattoos, the more im startin to think that pure white is not the best idea, as it can fade away quickly, can turn into piss yellow etc.
i’m quite pale and i would like to get a tattoo which would be very subtle, looking more like a shadow than a tattoo, but of course i don’t want to spend a lot of money to something which will be gone in a year or which will look ugly after some time. is there any way to get around the bad nature of the white ink? by adding some other colour or using ink of really good quality?
thanks in advance!

While your white ink tattoo MIGHT last longer than normal, there is a very high chance it will fade and/or turn yellow like most of them do. Good quality ink wont really change anything. You may be able to get by with adding a bit of colour, but it wont be like a pale, pale, blue or something like i think you have in mind. It would have to be something like a baby blue.

Now that i think of it, when getting one of my sleeves done i had the lightning outlined in a baby blue, and it remained just a blue outline for a while until we got around to putting the colour in and around it. While it was just an outline it looked interesting… subtle, not really bold. It had the kind of effect some people want with their white tattoos, only because it was a light blue instead of pure white, it didnt fade or turn colour. This would probably be a better idea than to get straight white.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.