opiate_the_masses
Participant
@opiate_the_masses

I have thought a lot about tattoos about my zodiac sign and I am a pisces so i thought about getting one that is similar to the two fish but with the worm things from the tool vicarious album cover instead.

Tool is my favorite band but I always told myself I wouldn’t get a band tat because I have liked bands before then the next day wasn’t into em I don’t know but I have liked tool forever and I thought since it was a zodiac tattoo then I wouldn’t regret it I thought it was pretty cool just want to know what you guys think.
Thanks

51Chb0hEqxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Just my opinion but tool is the word.

Can you imagine in a few years when even the 6 fans you know have forgoten who tool ever were you pop your top off or what ever and there it is you have the word tool written on you.

I for one have never heard of Tool I am not alone and if I saw a tattoo that said tool on someone I would laugh my tits off.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Band logos and zodiac signs are dope together! Go for it!

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

The not bitching didnt last long did it!
LMAO

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

who me? im just being mr positive!

opiate_the_masses
Participant
@opiate_the_masses

well I agree I would “laugh my tits off” if I seen someone with a tattoo that just said tool haha but I just want the worm things and really I know some hardcore tool fans as I am one too but if I do get it where you guys think I should? I was considering along my inner forearm.

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein
Cornishtiger;84654 wrote:
Just my opinion but tool is the word.

Can you imagine in a few years when even the 6 fans you know have forgoten who tool ever were you pop your top off or what ever and there it is you have the word tool written on you.

I for one have never heard of Tool I am not alone and if I saw a tattoo that said tool on someone I would laugh my tits off.

tool are pioneers of industrial metal! the word is used ironically and they are a very conceptial band. the zodiac link to your favorite band is special enough to get tattooed!..I just thought it was funny how you titled the thread ‘pisces-tool tattoo’ cos in a standard case, tools get their zodiac signs

opiate_the_masses
Participant
@opiate_the_masses
seven8nein;84747 wrote:
tool are pioneers of industrial metal! the word is used ironically and they are a very conceptial band. the zodiac link to your favorite band is special enough to get tattooed!..I just thought it was funny how you titled the thread ‘pisces-tool tattoo’ cos in a standard case, tools get their zodiac signs

haha that is pretty true and thanks for explaining that a big reason i’m such a tool fan tool is something you have to understand just a little to appreciate and you have to appreciate it to understand them but I don’t think anybody actually knows all of the meanings to their songs but thats exactly what Maynard wants lol
and I got another idea for the tattoo to put the actual pisces zodiac sign )-( kind of like that but stretched longer and the two worm things over and under the top and the bottom of the parentheses part lol i’m sorry it is hard to explain if I could draw I would give you a better idea of what I mean but i’m a pathetic artist just have a good imagination for the stuff

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein
opiate_the_masses;84751 wrote:
haha that is pretty true and thanks for explaining that a big reason i’m such a tool fan tool is something you have to understand just a little to appreciate and you have to appreciate it to understand them but I don’t think anybody actually knows all of the meanings to their songs but thats exactly what Maynard wants lol
and I got another idea for the tattoo to put the actual pisces zodiac sign )-( kind of like that but stretched longer and the two worm things over and under the top and the bottom of the parentheses part lol i’m sorry it is hard to explain if I could draw I would give you a better idea of what I mean but i’m a pathetic artist just have a good imagination for the stuff

no I’m very similar! when I go to the studo, it’s very hard for me to explain or draw what I want which can put you in danger of getting something naff! I’ve stuck to the same artist for a while now cos he knows what I like and I know he’s good and trust him. I saw tool in 06 at download festival just after they released 10,000 days! what the hell is that album about?!? the banners and VTs were really weird with the worm things slithering around and such!

opiate_the_masses
Participant
@opiate_the_masses
seven8nein;84888 wrote:
no I’m very similar! when I go to the studo, it’s very hard for me to explain or draw what I want which can put you in danger of getting something naff! I’ve stuck to the same artist for a while now cos he knows what I like and I know he’s good and trust him. I saw tool in 06 at download festival just after they released 10,000 days! what the hell is that album about?!? the banners and VTs were really weird with the worm things slithering around and such!

man I have wanted to go to a tool concert for as long as I can remember i”m totally jealous. and ya know what i don’t know what that album is about i’m listening to “the pot” right now and thats on 10,000 days everyone thinks it’s about pot “hence the name” but the name the pot refers to “the pot calling the kettle black” it’s mostly about accusing someone for doing something without a fair jury or a “kangaroo court” but yeah 10,000 days is one of my favorite albums but to me it’s like choosing a favorite kid lol I am crazy about Opiate, 10,000 and everything in between and I heard somewhere there will be a new album around 2012 and i’m praying another tour haha

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

I have a number of tattoos that are either album art or lyrics etc! even if you get bored of a certain band, it will always remind you of how much they meant to you! I mean tool have been around for over a decade, and they are an institution of the industrial wave! you could start by getting loads of illuminati concepts haha!

opiate_the_masses
Participant
@opiate_the_masses
seven8nein;84985 wrote:
I have a number of tattoos that are either album art or lyrics etc! even if you get bored of a certain band, it will always remind you of how much they meant to you! I mean tool have been around for over a decade, and they are an institution of the industrial wave! you could start by getting loads of illuminati concepts haha!

yeah that is true the band has been almost an idol to me for like the last 6 years and especially if they make another album they will be for at least a few more years. and I was going to kind of wait for this one but I was thinking of getting lyrics from the song parabola “all this pain is an illusion” maybe on my back one day all depends how much I like them in a few years I guess

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.