TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235

So I really need you guys to help me with making a decision, I want to get a Japanese themed sleeve on my thigh and I really want the job to come out absolutely awesome

First to explain what I want
My main idea is for the tattoo to express tranquility, I want the whole tattoo to just be calm and for it to look peaceful. I visited Japan over the summer and one of the highlights were the Zen gardens and I really wanted to go in that direction. My idea included a river with a geisha taking a bath, I wanted cherry blossom trees etc.. all around, I also wanted a samurai walking around jut admiring the garden, but the more I thought of it the less i could picture that being worked into a thigh sleeve but I still want to get a Japanese based tranquil Sleeve.

Now that you know what the tattoo is about we can jump on to the next part which is who is going to make it happen.

I originally wanted Tim Pangburn to do the job I think his work is awesome so I sent him an email he got back to me a couple of days later told me his ideas and all that( He pitched some ideas that he said were more eye pleasing then my garden idea.), I responded and got nothing back so about 4 days later I gave him a call just to see what was going on, he said he was backed up and all which I understand but I feel like its to hard to get in contact with him and I am in central jersey (Woodbridge Township) so philly isnt really that close of a trip(not bad but not so great) so im thinking maybe I should stick with someone closer that way I can just go to the shop every so often to get my ideas together and everything.

So the second artist I am looking at is Chris Adamek from Immortal ink, If you go to the immortal ink website you can find a link to his work, How do you guys feel about him taking on what I want. ( I forgot to mention that I am more into modern then traditional) I know you guys said good things about him before when i posted his link but I dont know how you guys feel about him doing Japanese Sleeves. He did Some work on a friend of mine which I really like, going through his stuff my friend is the one with the Half back tattoo of a waterfall and all the trees etc..

http://immortalink.com/

So those are the two guys I have in mind and I just wanted to know if you guys thought they could both pull of the job or if I am better off going with one over the other. I would also love to hear of any artists in my area you think would also do a great job.

Thanks in advance guys cant wait to hear what you guys have to say

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Go with Chris he is very solid. it sounds if Tim isn’t feeling your tattoo and you don’t want that. I would much rather have a good artist that is really into my tattoo then a great artist that isn’t into it.

Here is a tattoo and the conversation that fallows about a Tim Pangburn tattoo that he wasn’t in to.
http://www.everytattoo.com/tattooforum/viewtopic.php?t=16349

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235

Thanks Buttwheat, you make a great point better off going with someone that sounds interested lol
and maybe he is interested but just doesn’t have time but even in that case I would still want someone that has the time for me to make the best possible product.

I find my tattoo to be interesting but oh well lol

So do anyone have any other suggestions for artists in my area
I heard a new york convention is coming up maybe I should look there? Or is it better to get such a big tattoo somewhere close by?

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235

anyone else have any input on good artists in the area

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.