ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hey guys.

So I’ve discovered a new (well, new to me at least) artist in Iceland and I wondered if you could take the time to peak at his Facebook portfolio and tell me what you think?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=100394419987599&id=100000511234492&aid=705

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

looks solid………..what are thinking of having him do for you ???………..

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks extremely average. There is a flower tattoo that is very good but every thing is ho hum.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Don’t know really. That would all depend on how his portfolio looks and what he’s in the mood for, but if people in here seem to think he’s doing a good job (I really expect perfection in a world where none exists) then I might get him to start on something 🙂

If he actually draws all this stuff himself (as opposed to copying it from somewhere else and modifying) then I may get him to invent my phoenix. That job was intended for JP, which I KNOW can do it, but since he’s not taking on any new clients and has a 2 year waiting list for those he already has, I need to look elsewhere.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
buttwheat;83999 wrote:
Looks extremely average.

That might be why I was hesitant and wanted you guys to look at it. It doesn’t strike me as awesome.

Thank you.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Arni

I am a bit torn on opinion here.

For myself I like his work and would have no problem getting a piece done as his style appeals to me (although not keen on his floral style). It is some solid work. I like his black n gray work especially.

However what appeals to me is not going to be the same for you. (Hence the division in opinion).

That said I know the level of perfection you are aspiring to and I know compared to the work of the last artist you were considering that you would find fault with the work of this artist and likely would not be 100% happy.

Sorry but I would have to say don’t or at least get a small tester piece and see how you feel with it.

Take Care
Matthew

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Thank you Matthew.

Perhaps I might go ahead and get a small one from him to ‘get my fix’, but I belive you to be right. Perhaps I should just go and kill off some of JP’s customers to get a spot 😀

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

After reading Sherav’s post I went back and looked again. This guys work really confuses me because it’s almost like it’s two different artists that have work up there. A bunch of the pieces have horrible line work. example is the baby angel the line work is all wonky. But then the pieces that don’t have line work are pretty good. Well maybe that is it the guys shading is spot on but can’t do lines.

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

I like your idea about a small one to get your fix. Its also a great way to feel out the artist, get a look at his personality, and then decide if you are going to be comfortable having him do a big piece on you. Well…let us know how it works out!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Yeah Brian, the problem with it is that I have both arms, the back and one leg planned… if I go for another small one then it’ll be on the same leg as the one I have.. which means I’ve started a ‘sleeve’ of disjointed small images… which means I have to join them somehow… which means I have to plan it all at once… which means I can’t get just anything.

Over-thinking, much? 😀

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301
buttwheat;83999 wrote:
Looks extremely average.

I agree with this.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.