TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

001.jpg

Hi!I’m Sam I’m new.
I’m planning on getting this in the middle of my chest but a little more semetrical once I can afford it. I’m looking for input, advice, and ideas to improve this peice. If you want to hear the idea behind it just ask this is my own personal design I drew myself.

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235

welll….whats the idea behind it lol

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

haha I figured someone would ask but I didn’t know if anyone would care.

The triangles are the alchemy symbols for air and earth and I want it in all black to represent that all I need is clean air and good earth and everything else will follow. Keeping simplicity in my life is what I really want.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yea go for it it sounds personal and a lot of thought went in to it. Find a good artist and have them redraw it nice and even then sit down and get ready for the pain.

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

Yeah I’m not excited for going over the sterum, this is going to be my first tatto but I’m not nervous at all, it could be a few months before its done though. The design looks solid though?

Adler
Participant
@adler

To be honest I’m personally not a fan of the design which basically consists of a bunch of black lines. I understand the sentiment but for me I prefer a more visually and creative image rather than an elaborate tribalish design. But that is just my personal opinion and I would not want to be judgmental of anyone else’s ideas so get what you want and best of luck to you. Definitely have a good artist clean it up though so it would translate to a durable tattoo.

Bixler
Participant
@bixler

at first glance it looks like the star of david and some arabic writing on top. Your chest is such a prime area to do some great work, i would definitely clean up the design or go about it a different way. At the end of the day if it makes you happy, that’s all that matters. But i agree that i prefer a more visually appealing tattoo instead of something with “deep meaning”. People try to cram way too much symbolism into tattoos, keep it simple and grab a great artist to run with it.

Oh and good luck on your sternum, it was pretty brutal for me.

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

I agree and I like more complex peices but I have fell in love with heavy blackwork. I may have to re do it with more line weight variation. My back upper arms sides and thighs are going to be for more complex work but I want it all to be rooted by the simplicity of this peice. I am an artist and attach meaning to all of the work I do and examine why I do the art that I do so meanings just develop out of things I am interested in.

I also like work like Heather McLeans

the first tattoo on her page is something I would like to get something similar to.

http://hbomb.ca/tattoos/

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

Are you going to her to get it done?

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

fwiw, i don’t like the design at all………..:(

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

Nah I cant shes book years in advance. I’m working on a new chest design I like my old one but as a smaller peice not as a chest one. maybe the start of a heavy black work thigh peice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.