clay1680
@

I wanted to get get some feedback on some of my newer paintings i have posted and felt this is a good place to start. i uploaded them to my DeviantArt gallery so here is a link and hope to hear back from some of you.

http://claylint.deviantart.com/gallery/

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Nice blending in regards to your shading. I like that you are varying your line weight more as well. Let’s see some fairies and hearts too though. When you’re first tattooing expect to be designing a lot of smaller stuff that you wouldn’t normally draw.

When you do some color pieces I would suggest using Liquitex acrylic inks. They aren’t very expensive and their colors are very vibrant to say the least. For more subdued colors I use Peerless Transparent Watercolors. They come in a set of ten little bottles for about $50 and can be blended to make all sorts of colors.

Also when you add color (with acrylic inks because they are waterproof as soon as they dry), try to work starting with your darkest colors first and your lightest colors last. It will get you used to thinking about how and when to use color from a tattoo artist’s perspective as this is how they do it. It won’t work with watercolor though. You have to work light to dark with them.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I really like this
skull_and_bloodwave_by_claylint-d3a523i.jpg

Sakura Bodyart
Participant
@sakura-bodyart

Loving the Ink Owl Skeleton!! Amongst other images. Nice work allround pretty much, keep it up. I agree with the previous post remember about doing the smaller designs too, it can be frustrating not being able to convert images that you want to into tattoos. Having smaller designs will give you more freedom in regards to doing your own work.

Panthen
Participant
@panthen

On the Owl Skeleton one, if I look at the top right swirl centre, the other one starts moving, and if I look at the other one, then the previous one starts moving.

And it’s FREAKING ME OUT.

clay1680
@

thanks alot guys for taking time to check it out and Panthen didnt ever look at it like that but haha i guess ill say i was trying to do that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.