ThaRealMacC
Participant
@tharealmacc

I am interested in a tattoo similar to this one with the clouds in the background and praying hands (no rosary), unfortunately I don’t have a ton of money to blow on a tattoo and wanted to know about how much a professional shop would quote me for a piece like this? Thanks

Praying%2BHands%2BTattoos4.jpg

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

We arent the ones the ask. Go ask around the shops in your area what they will charge.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Too many variables involved to give an accurate estimate but I suggest saving some money and getting it done nicely by a good artist where you don’t have to worry about how much you “blow” on the tattoo. Maybe it was just a poor choice of words but when someone refers to “blowing money” on a tattoo to me it means they’re more concerned with price than quality. So in my opinion, wait until you have enough money where you can “invest” in a nice, quality piece and not be as concerned with the cost. Trust me, you’ll be much happier in the end.

ThaRealMacC
Participant
@tharealmacc

guess that was sort of poor word choice. what i meant was that i do want it to be done well but at the same time im only 18 and money is more of an issue for me than for someone with a full time job. dont get me wrong im willing to have a nice tattoo but as for cost issues if it would be a real expensive tattoo i would settle for a tattoo that requires less ink like a script tattoo etc (i only have script tats at the moment)

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

why dont you just wait and save up so you can get the tattoo you really want and not just “settle” for script? i got some shitty tattoos when i was 16-18 and it wasnt until i was 30 (im 34 now) until i started to get serious ink. in those 4 years i logged in over 70hrs of ink from world class artists. i am so glad i waited because i can afford the ink i want without settling and i also have better choices in the type of ink i get.

i know when youre young you want tattoos to be cool, thats why i got mine when i was a youngster. but tattoos dont define who you are and you dont want to waste valuable real estate on shitty ink that you might regret when you are my age.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Agree with above. You went from “blowing money” to “settle”, not the recipe for a nice tattoo. Do you really just want to have a bunch of script tattoos? And you mention you have some already and you’re just 18, did you get them at a shop or a house and would you like to share pictures of your existing tattoos? We just don’t want you to be thinking of a bunch of coverup ideas or lasering in a few years, that would be much more expensive. Wait and save money.

ThaRealMacC
Participant
@tharealmacc

well i have a list where i plan out n write down quotes or ideas that i want for tattoos. currently one of my tops is similar to the one i posted but if its too expensive i would move to something like one of the quotes i really like. thats more what i mean by settling not just saying oh its too expensive im gonna just settle for a cheap one for the hell of it i mean i would instead get a quote or something that i wanted. but right now i have 2 one is a small quote on my side by henry david thoreau n the other just says blessed on my inside arm. i have a skinny body type tho so i tend to like the way script looks anyhow n generally i would prefer getting a meaningful quote on my body instead of a picture. let me post a pic

working progress
Participant
@working-progress

iv got to agree, save up pal, the worse tattoos end up being the ones youve had to “settle” for.
either that or go for session work, maybey 1or2 hours a pop depending on the prices around your area.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

My advice to anybody is save like you are going to the best artist in the world and money is no object – that way you will be unlikely to be disappointed as you can afford to have a great tattooist do it and have spare cash afterwards.

Something like that would set you back a min of $300 with a basic artist if you want the best save between $700-$1000.

You can get something cheap and spend treble getting it removed or covered up. Tattoos are a permanent life choice the money is the least issue (artist and design being 1 & 2).

Take care
matthew

TheJuanAndOnly235
Participant
@thejuanandonly235

I am only 19 and I waited a year to get my tattoo done, It was worth the wait to me

ThaRealMacC
Participant
@tharealmacc

Yeah I think I’m just going to wait n save up. I think what everyones said is a good point n that itd be worth it in the end to just save and get it done well.

Sakura Bodyart
Participant
@sakura-bodyart

We continually speak to people that are more concerned with the cost of thier tattoo than the quality of the work. Sometimes it can be explained using a different example. Most 18 year olds probably wouldn’t think twice about ‘blowing’ some cash on a new pair of fashion trainers, or maybe ‘spunking’ a bit on the best pair of jeans. Some probably won’t even bat an eye at spending £100-£150 on a night out with the lads. All of these items are disposable, material, could be gone in a heartbeat. Your tattoo however will be on that same bit of skin everytime you look at it, and scrimping on it in the beginning probably won’t bother you cos you’ll be so over the moon that you’ve got a tattoo you won’t notice the shaky lines or the poor quality shading.

Save up for your tattoo in a jar that you can’t get into, give a bit each week to your mum/dad/brother/cousin to hold for you. It doesn’t take that long before you’ll have enough to go and get an amazing tattoo that you’ll be proud to wear in your skin forever. Cos forever’s a long time really isn’t it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.