blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

But do any of you get kind of mad/upset when someone publicly insults your tattoo or insults you for having one? I usually don’t but sometimes I do because people are just so rude!

I have to go to physical therapy 3 times a week, 30 bucks a visit so 90 bucks a week. I’ve gone so far about 8 times and the main therapist/owner of the business has said numerous comments about my chest piece. First time he said ‘oh my god, you have a tattoo on your chest, what are you gonna do when you are old?’ then he started calling me ‘punk’ every time I come in. He always says things like ‘WHOA its that huge tattoo” which isn’t so bad its just the way he says it and the fact that there are tons of 75 years old and older men and women in there and I am always the youngest and they all stare at me especially when he points me out.

Today, I was sitting on a bed with those electric patches that send little shocks to your muscles and I was kind of nodding off and he walks by with this very old patient next to him and says, with a dead quiet room full of elderly patients..’WOW..WOW, just WOW! that things is just so damn HUGE!!’ So I look up kind of confused and he said ‘Yeah, I’m talkin about your tattoo. The sad thing is it will never ever come off!’ then he walks off, shaking his head like he is dissapointed.And I look around and every white haired old lady is looking at me like I am the devil. WTF!?

He is like 30 years old. Not even that old. I was speechless. One of the techs came over and apologized on his behalf.

I don’t think thats a way to talk to your patients who are paying you almost 100 dollars a week. 🙁

sorry for venting…that was long. What should I do? Am I over reacting??

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If you can, let your money do the talking and go someplace else.

If not, you need to tell him to mind his own damned business and shut the fuck up about you and your tattoo, because he’s obviously attracted to you and allowing his insecurity to turn into bitterness towards you.
Pull that off, in front of his grey-haired clientele, and you will have victory.

clay1680
@

yea you need to either leave or go one more time and if he says something tell him to mind his own fucking business. i would be livid if some asshole kept saying something everytime you go there. it seems like he does it to get a reaction or let everybody in the room know he is talking about you and he dislikes tattoos. so please tell this jerkoff to find his asshole and go fuck it.

Adler
Participant
@adler

His judgmental comments are crossing the line, inappropriate and unprofessional. You need to seek out his boss and let them know what’s being said, he should not be allowed to make personal comments like that. Don’t let it go, he’s wrong and needs to hear about it.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’m a reasonably big guy so nobody really gives me grief about tattoos except my grandparents. I’m also apprenticing as a tattoo artist so it’s almost like a uniform now. That being said there is still a bit of a stigma towards women who are heavily tattooed. I am all for tattoos on women so don’t take this the wrong way. You chose to place a permanent mark on your body that draws attention. Sometimes it’s good attention, sometimes bad. But you made the choice knowing full well what you were doing. I do however think your PT is out of line. One comment is enough, any more and he needs to be put in his place.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

OMG how have you not punched this loser in the face? You need to talk to his manager and take your business elsewhere. He has no right to talk to a paying customer like that. How unprofessional and rude. This douchebag has no class.

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

*sigh* thats the thing..I usually don’t get mad about comments about my tattoos that are mean or negative because I know the stigma. I also live in a small West Texas Oil Field REDNECK town so I stick out like a sore thumb but there are people here with tattoos, just not many and its not very accepted on women. I am just so offended that someone that I’m paying for a medical service would keep rudely commenting about it.

I can’t tell his manager, he owns the place. There are about 5 of them in different cities and he owns all of them. :-

Adler
Participant
@adler

Yeah this goes beyond somebody in a bank making a remark or staring, as well noted this is a paid professional. I would still tell him to mind his own business, or you can stoop to his level and make comments about his hair or clothes or his general appearance. But I still think he caould be reported to a governing body whether it be an insurance company or medical company of some kind. He should not be allowed to get away with this or it will continue with others. I hope you fight this, I know I would.

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

Nope, I’m proud of all my tattoos, and if someone doesn’t like them, then I think they are weird.

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

Sounds like this guy is a complete douch. I would catch him at the point of saying something and retaliate in front of other customers though. If you feed him some of his own medicine by letting everyone know that he is singleing youout, I’m willing to bet he apologizes and stops with the bullshit in a hurry. I would also let him know you are paying for a service, and not just showing up to give money for insults. As far as tattooed females, they are being more and more accepted in the world, and the general concensus from every guy I know…is that tattoo’s on women are hot. You can probably thank Kat VonD for that, lol.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Personally, i dont get insulted for my tattoos very much, probably because im a big, bearded guy and ive been told i look somewhat intimidating, but if anyone does get the courage to say something, they will definitely get a solid “fuck off”. Doesnt usually come to that though…

In your case, i would suggest, quite simply, standing up for yourself. Tell him you wont give him any more money if he continues to insult you, and to mind his own damn business. Be sure to be very vocal about it, raise your voice so everyone can hear. He should get the hint. He doesnt sound like someone who will stop if you ignore him, so you need to give him a good kick in nuts and let him know you wont put up with any of his shit.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Coming from an excessively nosey and judgemental jewish background I know exactly how you feel. Many of them feel it is their ‘right’ to make comments on my tattoos.

That said always remember that closed minds = big mouths.

Just remind him that as a paying customer you are paying him for his skills not his conversation or personal opinions.

If you wanted his art critique you ask for it.

The thing is that small towns/communities will blindside your provocation and focus on if you are rude to him as that fits the stereotype they are building.

Be firm and polite show them up for the ignorant bastard that they are.

Take care
Matthew

blacksheep
Participant
@blacksheep

SOOO guess what. After over a month of attending physical therapy I went to a follow up appointment and found out I was getting worse. I felt like I was, and I asked the therapist frequently when I was supposed to be getting better, and he would always tell me something like ‘soon enough’. My last visit I was almost in tears after doing an exercise that made my arm turn purple (I have Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, my nerves and arteries are being crushed by my muscles under my left collar bone) and the exercise made the muscles tense up, therefore cutting off circulation more. This is when I snuck a peek at my clip board which had my therapy listed as I had neck and shoulder injuries, not Thoracic Outlet.I walked out of therapy that day. My follow up was the next day, the neurologist did nerve conduction tests and confirmed I had taken a turn for the worst and asked me about therapy and told me to discontinue with this therapist and sent me to someone else. I still have to pay 400 dollars to someone who made me worse.

I’m seething. Not only is he a jerk, he wasn’t treating me for the right injury!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.