djstylez
@

Hello fellow tattoo artists!

I have been waiting for this moment throughout my career to finally use and experience the usage of a topical anesthetic cream on a client.

I have researched online, youtube, and asked many other fellow artist but no one has given me the answer that I am looking for. Which is does it really work?!

Like you, I am not sponsored by dr. numb, or getting any big bonus for claiming that dr. numb works good. I am just a regular tattoo artist/shop owner in Fresno, CA.

Well today I am will be applying the Dr. Numb cream on the client’s back. I will be doing a 14″x9″ picture of a geisha. it will be mainly black and gray wash but with some colors on the cherry blossom flowers.

Well since no one gave me information on how to apply….i did what I think will work. I didn’t put the stencil on the back yet. I went ahead and….

1. clean her back
2. SHAVE HER BACK!
3. apply the cream all over
4. wrapped it up with plastic wrap
5. and sent her off to lunch. She will return in 2 hours.

What i will do after she gets back:

1. wipe off the cream
2. apply the stencil
3. and start tattoo!!!!!!!

Well at this moment, it’s been 30 minutes already and my fingers do feel a bit numb! i had gloves on at the time of applying the cream but i stupidly took the gloves off and grabbed the dr. numb tube to throw away….and there was some cream on the tube. I did read somewhere that the artist’s finger will go numb and so I went and washed my hands asap to avoid going numb on my fingers. need them to work! So i guess this tingling feeling on my fingers is the working power of the cream?!! who knows!???

** and please leave only positive feedback or comments. I have been tattooing for 6 years and I have all health permits and business license to own and operate a tattoo shop.

so basically this thread is to inform all ya curious people that has been searching for the answer to Dr. Numb wonder. Now i will know and will share with you the results if it works and worth your time.

And don’t forget to make SURE THE CLIENT SIGNS A RELEASE FORM!!!! cause i went ahead and made a extra detailed release form stating that the client agrees and allowed me to use the numbing cream….and it could result in a distorted tattoo, high degree of pain after numbing goes away, headache, soreness…etc…etc….and be sure to protect your ass if it shall go further to court if things don’t turn out right!!!

well….i still got 1 more hour before she comes back….so i will come back to repost the result. Stay tune!

***and if you are ever in Fresno, CA (usa) stop by my shop to visit.

SoFresh Ink
4789 E. Madison Ave.
Fresno, CA 93702
😀

djstylez
@

This is the Dr. Numb package and cream. it was $50 plus $5.75 shipping. On the website it looked like a big tube but when it came, I was dissapointed that it was a small ass tube for $50!!!! WTF!

photo2.jpg

The picture of the geisha that I will be tattooing today…..this is the original drawing. But will add more things to it to create a piece of art.

Picture3.png

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.