damian5000
Participant
@damian5000

She got her tattoo on the 5th of January… Sweetest girl you could ever meet, her first tattoo.

The black has healed up fine, but where there’s blue, the skin is badly raised… I was thinking perhaps there was some sort of infection, but it doesn’t make sense that it’s only in the blue areas… Maybe crap ink??

She says it doesn’t hurt at all, but is itchy still upon touching. She didn’t pick at it at ALL. Was very careful with it and kept it clean.

Will it heal?? I’m feeling horrible because I brought her to this tattoo shop and I’m scared her skin will be like this forever…

Any advice or insight much appreciated…

img6100c.th.jpg
img6095t.th.jpg

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

img6100c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i dunno, but it looks like mine do typically at the 1-2 week stage…………5 weeks seems pretty long, but maybe she is a slow healer ??????

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

That sort of looks like its still healing to me…

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

what part of her body is it on ???

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

agreed it looks normal for 7-10 days out. Maybe she’s a real slow healer?

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

She might just be healing really slow. Could be something she does that causes the healing to be longer, without going in on what exactly. She might also have a reaction to the tattoo, etc if she has real sensitive skin, this is her first tattoo, etc. I had a similar reaction the first time I had red in a tattoo. It took a loong time to heal. It startet scabbing, it went away, and it came back, like four-five times. But it healed nicely in the end. Mine probabuly looked a bit like that after a month.
I haven’t had a similar reaction since 🙂

damian5000
Participant
@damian5000

Thank you for all the replies.

It”s on the left shoulder blade.

Strange that it’s only the blue that’s still far from done healing…But as Pox said, she had a similar experience with her first red tat…

So… basically what I’m hearing here is that it’s probably not a big deal…that it’s a long time but SHOULD be okay?? (of course no guarantees I understand)

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228
damian5000;81336 wrote:
So… basically what I’m hearing here is that it’s probably not a big deal…that it’s a long time but SHOULD be okay?? (of course no guarantees I understand)

‘Bout sums it up.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

yep…………..

suzridesahog
Participant
@suzridesahog

Maybe it is healing slowly because the area is frequently irritated… like by a shirt or bra.

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

By the looks of it, its pretty normal. But the raised area could be due to a shader or color packer running a little hard, and ending up with a “heave handed” effect. I would find out if she remembers the area when they switched to color, mabye hurting a lot more than the linework. That size piece, the color should have been pretty quick, but I’m betting that mabye the machine is running a little too stout, and the artist may have not been aware.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.