PaulMahar
Participant
@paulmahar

So a few months back I went and got my 3rd tattoo…The artist threw the stencil on, and we were so concerned with making sure it was straight that I didn’t even notice how low it was -_- I was fine with it at first, but lately it has been bugging me. I’m messing with the idea of adding to it somehow so its higher up, but cant come up with any solid designs. Hoping someone out there can lend a hand, give some suggestions perhaps?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/finch_99/InkFull.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/finch_99/InkProfile.jpg

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

I’m no artist, but I really do like your tattoo. I know that if you’re not happy with it, you need to fix it, but I think it looks good as is. Not sure how you could bring it up, but it’s not offensive as is. To me, anyway.;)

PaulMahar
Participant
@paulmahar

Haha thanks. Makes me feel a lot better lol. Its actually part 3 of 3. I dont have a photo of all three of them together…Together they read Peace, Love, Empathy. So it might be a bit hard to add to one without messing up the idea as a whole.

Other 2: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/finch_99/Screenshot2011-02-03at93456PM.png

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

I like all 3 together, and I’m not normally a script person. They all look pretty solid to me! I wouldn’t mess with it.:D

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

i think adding to it might ruin the look of it and honestly it looks sweet as it is – if you arent happy with it though maybe go to a custom tattoo artist and see what they suggest

clay1680
@

an easy way to bring the piece up is to add smoke around and mostly above the banner, as an art student and going through too many crits, it wil be percieved as higher up and continue the viewers eye traveling up also creating the same effect.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Maybe some black and grey roses and vinework?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I like Alders Idea of the Roses and vine work.

InkFull.jpg

Oddly enough with how crappy the line work is on this tattoo I really like it.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

That should be easy enough to turn into a full chest piece.

You don’t need a design so much as a theme – roses and vines, or whatever. Then find an artist that does the styling you like (possibly the current one) and have them draw something up based on your ideas.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

I think it’d be hot if you added some roses to the top, maybe even a pistol or two. You could bring it up… Be creative here.

floragaines
Participant
@floragaines

I agree with everyone’s suggestions, i think you’re tattoo is pretty cool but as #1 said if you’re not happy with it then you must fix it. I suggest adding some withered / fading feathers flying around on both sides. Hope you like my idea.

Johnzy
Participant
@johnzy

I def agree with the roses and vines with some smoking old school pistols would be sick! Also like the idea of some feathers flying around! Good luck bro keep us posted!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.