AudraJo
Participant
@audrajo

I am a photographer out of Indiana and I specialize in pin up and tattoo photography for tattoo artists. I help them better their portfolios and offer to do pictures for their studio walls. I recently was in an art show and these are a few of what I sold. I think tattoo art is beautiful and make for beautiful pictures!

166832_10150392702540327_307164620326_16935570_2966918_n.jpg

166834_10150392703270327_307164620326_16935578_6782522_n.jpg

168167_10150392712185327_307164620326_16935773_8073778_n.jpg

167362_10150392977415327_307164620326_16940143_8055096_n.jpg

164164_10150392796545327_307164620326_16936919_3643160_n.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

The colorized black and white has pretty much been played out.

AudraJo
Participant
@audrajo

Hahahah and who are you?
Are you a photographer?
By using the words “colorized” I can tell you have no idea what your talking
About but good try.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
AudraJo;80228 wrote:
Hahahah and who are you?
Are you a photographer?
By using the words “colorized” I can tell you have no idea what your talking
About but good try.

Never claimed to be a photographer now did I? I do know trends and past trends and I believe your style of photography that you have posted here has pretty much played out. but that’s just me The truth will be in your sales how you doing in that department? Not to good I’m afraid or you wouldn’t be spamming a tattoo forum. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

AudraJo
Participant
@audrajo

Well look at you trying to act like you know what the he’ll your talking about
Who stays up on trends? You obviously don’t have a life. As artists we should do whatever makes you
Happy. And I’m very succesful at what I do. You can visit over 35 shops around indiana alone and find my work. Not to mention my pin up work. Am I really trying to spam? I didn’t realize I was trying to sell anything are post this a million times. I was simply showing my love of tattoos through my photography. And someone who enjoys art and photography would enjoy this you sir obviously do not understand. If this is a forum where everyone can come together on one topic why am i not allowed to showcase something that pretains to that topic? I don’t expect everyone to like my work but why would you have to open your mouth and give your 2 cents when your opinion doesn’t matter? Hurt my feelings? NO I’ve dealt with people like you before. You have a good day and don’t bother me with your rants anymore because I really dont give a rats ass what you think.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
AudraJo;80238 wrote:
Well look at you trying to act like you know what the he’ll your talking about
Who stays up on trends? You obviously don’t have a life. As artists we should do whatever makes you
Happy. And I’m very succesful at what I do. You can visit over 35 shops around indiana alone and find my work. Not to mention my pin up work. Am I really trying to spam? I didn’t realize I was trying to sell anything are post this a million times. I was simply showing my love of tattoos through my photography. And someone who enjoys art and photography would enjoy this you sir obviously do not understand. If this is a forum where everyone can come together on one topic why am i not allowed to showcase something that pretains to that topic? I don’t expect everyone to like my work but why would you have to open your mouth and give your 2 cents when your opinion doesn’t matter? Hurt my feelings? NO I’ve dealt with people like you before. You have a good day and don’t bother me with your rants anymore because I really dont give a rats ass what you think.

Hey listen I’m sorry I hurt your feelings. Obviously I did for you to go off like that. All I said was I think that style of photo has played out. I like your pictures. Don’t get so butt hurt. And no I have no life can I have yours?

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

I like your pictures from an artistic standpoint.
For actual tattoo appreciation I prefer something lighter.

but for Christ’s sake – lighten up on how people view your work!! If you only want positive criticism the just show your photos to your family and leave strangers out of it.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

AudraJo: Take a chill-pill before you blow a gasket. Don’t post your work if you can’t handle the negative opinions as well.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I like the pictures to a degree. However i think you have missed something with making everything else but the tattoos themselves black and grey. Let me try to explain.

Your pictures, while bold, dont give dare i say, and accurate representation of tattoos and the person wearing them. Right now, the tattoos look more like stickers or some kind of body paint, than artwork that is implanted in the skin. The contrast between the tattoos and the very pale skin is misleading, and if i was looking for an example of an artists work, i would much rather look at clean, unedited shots of the wearer, so i can get a sense of how their tattoos really hold up against rest of the skin, especially when dealing with colour tattoos and people with darker skin. Another example is photographing biomech. The surrounding untattooed skin (including the natural colour) is as important in bringing out the desired effect as the skin that actually has pigment in it.

With these pictures, the tattoos have been separated from wearer, and dont have the same “oooo, awww” effect that you get when normally looking at someone with large pieces like that.

HarleyQuinn
Participant
@harleyquinn

I’m new here but as a photog, this thread caught my attention. The correct and very accurate way to convey what you are saying would be, “Selective coloring is played out”. 😮

Although, I do occasionally have grandmas request it on baby photos (and I willl do it for them) I haven’t presented it in my work as samples in 2 years. You shouldn’t have been attacked like that at all.

buttwheat;80214 wrote:
The colorized black and white has pretty much been played out.
buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
HarleyQuinn;81714 wrote:
I’m new here but as a photog, this thread caught my attention. The correct and very accurate way to convey what you are saying would be, “Selective coloring is played out”. 😮

Although, I do occasionally have grandmas request it on baby photos (and I willl do it for them) I haven’t presented it in my work as samples in 2 years. You shouldn’t have been attacked like that at all.

Thanks for validating me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.