cbear
Participant
@cbear

Hello peeps

When I was 16 I went with some friends to get a tattoo, they didn’t have an image of what i really wanted to get so i settled on something that i thought was ok at the time as i didn’t want to be the only one not to get a tattoo, doh!;)

I underwent 4 sessions of lazer therapy on the tattoo 2 years ago, which has lightened it a fair bit more than the picture below but am thinking about a cover up. I’m just after some advice and any suggestions. I’m fairly girly and like butterflies (yawn). Oh it’s on my right shoulder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:o

thanks
Claire xx

tattoo1.jpg

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

1st and foremost = find an artist whose work you respect very much.

2nd = cover-up no problems depending on how big you want to go . . .

cbear
Participant
@cbear

Thanks for the advice, I don’t know how to go about finding a reputable tattoo artist I’m a bit out of the game as the last tattoo I got was 12 years ago.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Hang around here for a month or two (at least) and check out the work. You’ll easliy distinguish the difference between a poor, average, good and excellent tattoo. Check out styles and get a feel for what you really like. You’ll get plenty of references/links to various tattoo artists. Browse those sites and become familiar with what’s out there.

After a good deal of research, taike what you know and start checking out who your local artists are and what they are capable of. If you’re in a major city, you should have at least a couple of options. If you’re a real fan you might even consider travelling to get an artists work you really love.

Take your time and become an expert. You’ve got to live with the results!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.