Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

I have some bad scarring on my thigh and I am considering getting a tattoo over it. I already have tattoos, and was wanting to get some on my thighs anyway, but I was wondering if anyone has had a scar covered with a tattoo before and how well this has worked out?

Is it more sore than getting a tattoo done on normal skin, and does the ink actually set right on top of the scar?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Adler
Participant
@adler

I was tattooed over a scar and it went in fairly well. The main thing is that the scar has to be at least a few years old and extremely well healed. My artist said he wouldn’t have touched it otherwise.

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

yeh im going to have to wait a couple years coz i know its definitely not old enough to get tattoo’s over just yet. was it a kinda big scar or a small one? coz mines are quite big and they were deep :S

Fear742
Participant
@fear742

big ass scar from sunburn on my back and the tat came out awesome(Koi for my backpiece) but the pain was so different from the rest of my back that its hard to explain. Only time i ever wanted to quit so just be ready for it to hurt instead of just be a nuisance

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

oh no haha – ok thanks thats really helpful. as long as the tattoo comes out ok in the end itl be worth it!

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

This guy’s in Estonia, so he’s farther than you’ll probably want to travel, but his portfolio shows a couple of large scar covers:

http://www.warwink.com

He seems nice, and might at least converse with you about what to expect.

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

thats brilliant thanks il have a look!

Adler
Participant
@adler

I didn’t notice any difference in pain. Mine was over a 3″ scar from a torn biceps tendon.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver
Fear742;80180 wrote:
big ass scar from sunburn on my back

:confused:

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

mines are quite raised because they were so deep, so i think it will probably hurt a bit!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear742 View Post
big ass scar from sunburn on my back

reefdiver;80189 wrote:
:confused:

X2

Fear742
Participant
@fear742

Haha. Sunburn. I fell asleep on the bitch while drinking without sunscreen for about 2.5 hours. Pure red sunburn with giant blisters that scarred the hell out of my back. Always joked id get it covered up but didnt think about it when it was getting done. About 2 years later ran into an old roommate who said something about finally covering it up and wah lah. I realized why it hurt so much. I get most people have different scar stories and mine is kind of funny but still it affect the area and hurt a hell of a lot more than i was used to on my back.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Fear742;80255 wrote:
Haha. Sunburn. I fell asleep on the bitch while drinking without sunscreen

Quoted for prosperity :p

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber
ArniVidar;80264 wrote:
Quoted for prosperity :p

:D:D
Drinking might still be involved . . .

Fear742
Participant
@fear742

My bad, Beach

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.