HalfMinuteHero
Participant
@halfminutehero

Hello,

I would like to ink this latin quotation on my ankle, rounding it I guess, but appear some questions,

first of all, is it properly said this way?

ROMA TRADITORIBUS NON PREMIA

I have been looking for this quotes in several forums, books and there is no uniformity in the latin quote. You can see different ways to express the sme and none are correct -or at least, I am not daring to write me something incorrect in my skin for the rest of my life…

other ways…similar meaning…

Roma proditoribus/traditoribus praemia non dat
Roma traditoribus non adnumera

and the history of this quote…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viriathus

secondly, I am open to other suggestions and ideas, I was thinking on using a font like if you were sculpting in marble, in the lowest part of one of my leg, on the ankle…I guess is a very sensitive part, but I think the design is much important than the harm, because of the different features (I mean bones and irregularities…) If it is not in the ankle, I like in my feet too, the thing is that this tattoo represent a ground of my life and family, must be at the bottom or close to the feet. I could put it on Spanish and do not wondering about the correct way, but the lating thing is because of my heritage and culture

what do you think? thanks by the way

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

do you have huge ankles ???

HalfMinuteHero
Participant
@halfminutehero

my idea is this one: three different sizes and levels, equal length ,

ROME (bigger)
tradituribus
NON PREMIA

And each one rounding the ankle, well, or just in one side, also in the instep could be good choice but the design would change.

I’m just looking for ideas to adapt or to contrast with. I don’t want a big design, just discreet.

I have been looking for tattooed ankles or feet, and I found bunch of them but just 2 or 3 with latin quotes or text, in the instep I did find quotes or text, but none convinced me.

I’ll continue looking for this kind of tattoos, but if you know any design according or similar to my idea, please tell me by private messages.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.