maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

I want to get a memorial tat between my collar bone and nipple on my left side (looking at about 6 inches, give or take) and no more than half way across my chest (I’ll say less than 6 inches there). The idea behind it would be a crow flying over a city skyline clutching a pair of glasses with some lyrics to “Freebird” (not a song I even enjoy, but it was their favorite). I’m just curious if I’d have to go bigger, if it’s possible to pull off, if it’s been done before (I’m sure it has, but I’d like to see what it looks like).

167075_10150113704935042_641625041_8055261_2265264_n.jpg

This is the exact amount of space I’m talking about on the other side of my chest. Thanks to all who can help here.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

That would be hard to pull off, even without the lyrics.

And forget the lyrics, you don’t need them. No one else but you is going to understand why they are there without asking you 1st anyway – and without’em they’ll still need to ask if they want to know.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Any suggestions then?

Stutter
Participant
@stutter

Who doesn’t enjoy Freebird?

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber
maniacthw;79869 wrote:
Any suggestions then?

Not really without understanding the balance of the symbolism, but for starters you’ll be happier years down the road if you find a better-than-average artist and go bigger.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
stubarber;79878 wrote:
Not really without understanding the balance of the symbolism, but for starters you’ll be happier years down the road if you find a better-than-average artist and go bigger.

Well, the crow carries the soul of the deceased into the “afterlife” and will be the focus of the tat. The city represents both San Fran and Atlanta (his two favorite cities), and the Freebird lyrics because Freebird was his favorite.

And this tattoo I’m looking to Chris Garver to do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.