casidyjulian
Participant
@casidyjulian

Hi, I’m looking into getting a new tattoo this year, and I’m trying to get an idea of price. Now I know you guys can’t tell me exactly, but maybe a general idea.

What I’m looking at is something that would go from the top of my breasts up tothe bottom of my collarbone. All the way across. IDK if you know her, but similar to Danielle from American pickers chest tattoo.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

I don’t know where you’re located, but here in GA, good tattoo studios run between $100 and $200 an hour. I’ve seen Danielle’s chest piece, and I would be VERY surprised if that’s less than about 10 hours worth of work. In my experience, most artists will work with you on the price. My most recent tattoo was 2 hours of drawing work for him, then 5 hours worth of tattooing, and he charged me $600. His price was $150 an hour.

casidyjulian
Participant
@casidyjulian
Tajen;78902 wrote:
I don’t know where you’re located, but here in GA, good tattoo studios run between $100 and $200 an hour. I’ve seen Danielle’s chest piece, and I would be VERY surprised if that’s less than about 10 hours worth of work. In my experience, most artists will work with you on the price. My most recent tattoo was 2 hours of drawing work for him, then 5 hours worth of tattooing, and he charged me $600. His price was $150 an hour.

Thanks for the information. I live in Colorado. I have 4 other tattoos, but I don’t have anything that large or that detailed. I don’t want to copy her, but something similar in size and detail.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

You might get lucky and have a tattoo artist that changes per “sit” with larger scale pieces. My artists price was $500 per session, which pretty much means how ever long you can take it or until he thinks it’s safe to stop.

If I had to guess though… I would price it anywhere from $800-1000 for a scale of that size

Hope that helps any

Zach

casidyjulian
Participant
@casidyjulian
BigZach;78908 wrote:
You might get lucky and have a tattoo artist that changes per “sit” with larger scale pieces. My artists price was $500 per session, which pretty much means how ever long you can take it or until he thinks it’s safe to stop.

If I had to guess though… I would price it anywhere from $800-1000 for a scale of that size

Hope that helps any

Zach

It does help. My hubby was thinking it was going to be around 2000-3000, and I told him I would be surprised if it was more than 1000.

skintastic art
@

[/URL]

casidyjulian;78895 wrote:
Hi, I’m looking into getting a new tattoo this year, and I’m trying to get an idea of price. Now I know you guys can’t tell me exactly, but maybe a general idea.

What I’m looking at is something that would go from the top of my breasts up tothe bottom of my collarbone. All the way across. IDK if you know her, but similar to Danielle from American pickers chest tattoo.

hello im cash parish i have my own tattoo shop in columbus ga i think that if you can post the picture of the reference pic you want you may get a better idea of the tattoo price you want also try to find you own budget that you wanna work with and try to ask the artist if that pic and that budget is posssible and then start from there . most shop min or like 40 50 $ so if u need any more help hers a video i put together

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7jPjUCAo5w

casidyjulian
Participant
@casidyjulian

I don’t know how to post a photo on this forum, but I can give you a link with the photo..
http://connect.in.com/american-pickers-danielle/photos-1-1-1-c419bb9c7f4456f094c6a140b239e244.html

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.