Amache
Participant
@amache

Ok, so I’m 18 and have been considering my first tattoo for at least two years now.
I’ve always loved collarbone tattoos and I’m certain I want my tattoo there.
My main worry is, the quote/words I want seems to be a bit longer than most tattoos that I have seen in this area.
‘Success Lives In Us All.’ <---
I’ve yet to decide on the exact font, but I plan on, if all goes well, to have it drawn up a couple of times by different friends/tattoo artists.

So, my two questions are, do you all think that it can be made to fit and not be too small, or too scrunched?
And just exactly how bad does this area hurt?

Amache
Participant
@amache

Bumppppppppp.

Amache
Participant
@amache

bummppppppppppp

Amache
Participant
@amache

bumpmighnfdaouihdfhd

kryptonite
Participant
@kryptonite

I dont think that quote is too long. the hardest thing will be to find a font style. it should come together nicely

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

It can be done, there is actually alot of space on your collar bone. I suggest you give it more consideration before tattooing a lame cliche on your chest. The chest, by the way, was the most painful spot I have had tattooed.

Adler
Participant
@adler
xxTOPDOGxx;78502 wrote:
… I suggest you give it more consideration before tattooing a lame cliche on your chest. The chest, by the way, was the most painful spot I have had tattooed.

Quoted for truth.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Script on collarbones look good but do some badass “original” script drawn to this tattoo/tattooer style not pulled from a book. Pick one tattooer who does script or whatever “font” you choose that you love and have them draw it up and tattoo it in!

RickAH1977
Participant
@rickah1977
xxTOPDOGxx;78502 wrote:
The chest, by the way, was the most painful spot I have had tattooed.

I agree, stings like f00k! 😮

Why not get a friend to write it on you roughly in biro or felt to give you an idea of what it would look like and if it would fit, I did that with my last 2, on my forearms, and left them on for the day (around the house that is) just to see how I’d feel about them.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Even at the minimum size of 10 pt you have plenty of space for the qoute. You can afford to go a lot bigger but it really is a matter of taste on the style of writing.

As for the tattoo – it is a very much divided camp – I like text tattoos but many don’t – key thing is get what makes you happy!

Painwise – it is gonna hurt as it is direct on the bone with no padding so expect some pain but you will be able to handle it I am sure.

Take care
Matthew

Amache
Participant
@amache

I’d say I’m average on the pain tolerance scale, but I REALLY want this, so I’m sure I can tough it through.
Thank you all for your input.
I’m stuck on getting a text tattoo though.
I love this lyric, and it pretains to things outside of the music I love.
Any ideas of some other meaningful things I could get here and not regret them when I’m older?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.