HyeQuattro
@

Hello all. I am new to this scene and currently have no tattoos. However, I have always thought of getting one and had an idea of what I’ve wanted for quite awhile now. I basically want some advice so if/when I decide to go for it I will not make a regrettable decision.

The idea I have been thinking about is based on the coat of arms for my homeland. Now the issue that has been brought up is that it may be too complex to A) turn out looking good in terms of proportions and B) the detail work may get iffy.

I’d like to get it on my upper arm area so that constricts how large it gets. Below is the starting point of what I am thinking of. I’m not opposed to simplifying that design or removing certain details that could become issues/clutter up the final product.

Also, if someone could give me some details on the actual process of getting something like that done.

Please, all thoughts and opinions are welcome (except negative ones of course).

512px-Coat_of_arms_of_Armenia.svg.png

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

As I often say, this could be a great tattoo if done by a great tattooer. Where are you located? Are you willing to travel to get tattooed? This could be good in color or blackNgrey so I would suggest finding a great tattooer taking them the image and letting them draw their magic!!!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The coat of arms can be done but as to the level of detail depends on the skill of the artist and how much you are willing to spend as more detail = more time in chair.

Keep in mind that very fine details will blur with age so you may want to simplify it.

As for process

1. Find the artist you want – do not let cost be an issue as on body for life if need to save more then wait and save.

2. Does the artist have the skill and experience you are looking for? Check out their portfolio and make sure it is sterile and safe.

3. They will measure you up so the tattoo fits.

4. The artist will likley use the picture as basis for the tattoo some will use it as a direct trace, others will use parts and fill in rest themselves. A very small amount will free hand but quite rare.

5. The transfer goes on with the outline you check out if agreed the tattooing starts.

Take care
matthew

jacksonsoo
Participant
@jacksonsoo

You defiinitely sound new and i do not recommend you going for a tattoo without first finding out what it entails. Basically prior to tattoo you have to think of your designs, placement of your tattoo etc. Then doing the actually inking is another thing. You have to find out the cost of your local tattoo parlour, anasethetics and stuff. You want a safe experience and definitely no surprises. Next is tattoo aftercare. you have to learn about the things to do to ensure a speedy recovery. Oh yes before that, you may have to get it sketched on you in black, then wait sometime before colouring takes place. ALl this depends on your artist. Also you have to know about tattoo removal and coverups. By looking around here, you can find out from other members that shit does happen. Your artist may screw up. All this are too much for me to tell you here but basically these are the things you got to know. May sure you do your research. Grab a book if you need to.

Remember, you don’t want no surprises.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.