Jayizzel
Participant
@jayizzel

Whats up everyone…as the title suggests, I want an Adam and Eve inspired tattoo on my ribs. The Genesis story talks about God forming Eve by taking out Adam’s rib and I want something to symbolize that for me and my wife.

I don’t want to simply put her name on my ribs but I’m really clueless and looking for some creative ideas. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks in advance ladies and gents.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I dunno what your wife thinks but if my fella did that for me I’d be SUPER pissed with him. The underlying idea that without you your wife wouldn’t exit (without Adam, Eve wouldn’t have exited) is pretty sexist.

I like the originality of the idea, don’t get me wrong, and like you said the whole boring/cursed partner name tattoo is a little bland but if you’re into art/feminism the whole Adam and Eve thing kinda screams ‘superiority complex’.

Jayizzel
Participant
@jayizzel
Morwin Nerdbane;77639 wrote:
I dunno what your wife thinks but if my fella did that for me I’d be SUPER pissed with him. The underlying idea that without you your wife wouldn’t exit (without Adam, Eve wouldn’t have exited) is pretty sexist.

I like the originality of the idea, don’t get me wrong, and like you said the whole boring/cursed partner name tattoo is a little bland but if you’re into art/feminism the whole Adam and Eve thing kinda screams ‘superiority complex’.

She loves the idea actually. No sexism issues in our world. Any ideas on the implementation?

Jayizzel
Participant
@jayizzel
Jayizzel;77640 wrote:
She loves the idea actually. No sexism issues in our world. Any ideas on the implementation?

It’s meant more to suggest that we are one, and destined to be with each other if that helps.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Are you looking for images of people or just representations? Modern or classic? There are lots of very beautiful paintings of the temptation of Adam (Eve handing him the apple) so it’s all dependent on your taste

Jayizzel
Participant
@jayizzel

I would say classic representations. Not the “apple” part of the account but something to suggest something was taken out of my rib. I was thinking stitches but thats not suggestive enough.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

You can always do one of those reeally grapfic tattoos, where it looks like someone has litteraly torn out a part of your rib.
With blood, flesh, muscles, all of it. A bit too “horror” maybe for such a tattoo? ๐Ÿ˜›
(thinking of it though, that might be the coolest thing I could imagine a guy tattooing for me. )

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary
poxphobia;77655 wrote:
You can always do one of those reeally grapfic tattoos, where it looks like someone has litteraly torn out a part of your rib.
With blood, flesh, muscles, all of it. A bit too “horror” maybe for such a tattoo? ๐Ÿ˜›
(thinking of it though, that might be the coolest thing I could imagine a guy tattooing for me. )

when i read the OP i though the same, a tattoo of a hand reaching in and taking a rib

Jayizzel
Participant
@jayizzel
poxphobia;77655 wrote:

Sounds cool! I’m going to get some artist friends to draw some stuff up for me on that idea.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Maybe have the tattooer you are thinking of going to draw the design? They will be able to draw it best to your body and experience…plus they may have better ideas.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.