BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I was planning on getting my next tattoo for my father for Christmas because my childhood dog will need to be put down 🙁 but she has special meaning to my father. She was the first dog that (as a family) we have had and he is taking it very hard and it would mean the world to me to try and help the healing process by getting a portrait of her tattooed on myself. Would this be a good present and if so where should I get it tattooed? He knows for my love of tattoos but I would love to get a tattoo that can symbolize the love for my dog, but most importantly, my father. I am thinking that a portrait would be appropriate, but I am also open for opinions, please let me know what you think.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Sorry for getting a little emo on everyone, had a few too many to drink last night 😛

aaron_
Participant
@aaron_

I think it would be cool to get a photo of your dad with the dog and make that into a portrait.

shaneslawns
@

Awesome idea……your pet and father together… If u dont have one of them together your artist can take both pics and make one…i love my animals sorry to hear that….they become part of the family

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

who are you thinking about going to for the portrait? you could always do some bad ass script of your pets name. I often think good script is better than a portrait. Portraits have gotten lots of “airplay” so naturally lots of people get turned on by them but only a few actually execute a good one. Look forward to hearing more.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach
TooManyNotEnough;77323 wrote:
who are you thinking about going to for the portrait? you could always do some bad ass script of your pets name. I often think good script is better than a portrait. Portraits have gotten lots of “airplay” so naturally lots of people get turned on by them but only a few actually execute a good one. Look forward to hearing more.

I am going back to the same artist who did my back piece, Tim Beck from Freedom Ink in Peoria, Illinois. I really like his work and I think he does an amazing job, a script could definitely be an idea, but I feel like a portrait will really capture all of the details that I remember about her more than a script, let me know your thoughts on that

*edit* I am still unsure on where I should put it yet, I was thinking the right part of my chest, what do you think?

Zach

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough
BigZach;77326 wrote:
I am going back to the same artist who did my back piece, Tim Beck from Freedom Ink in Peoria, Illinois. I really like his work and I think he does an amazing job, a script could definitely be an idea, but I feel like a portrait will really capture all of the details that I remember about her more than a script, let me know your thoughts on that

*edit* I am still unsure on where I should put it yet, I was thinking the right part of my chest, what do you think?

Zach

That is very useful you know who you are going to. Does he do better portraits or script? Go with what he is best at. I really can’t say which is better for you as it is your tattoo and your tattooer so work collaboratively. Also when looking at his portraits make sure they don’t have color but this is just my opinion that no portrait should be color unless a Lady Head or Pinup. Look forward to the finished product!?!

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Thanks for the insight, I go in Jan 25th to get it done, I will definitely upload the finished piece

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.