TheSauce
Participant
@thesauce

I recently got a new half sleeve and am very happy with it only problem is I have a tribal above it that I got when I was 17 and I need advice on what to do with it…is there anyway to do a coverup to it? Or would some shading and stuff like that help out? Laser removal is so expensive! I am so torn on what to do so i figured I would ask here thanks!

Heres a couple pics….Sorry for them being so big haha I don’t know how to resize

071.jpg

074.jpg

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i’d think it is a little big to cover up, that and black ink doesnt really get covered very easily, especially that much…

but it doesnt look too terrible, im not a fan of tribal personally but from those pics it seems to flow together OK…

Daxos
Participant
@daxos

Those actually tie in together pretty well and look decent, not best case scenario, but decent none the less.

Michael

mt666tm
Participant
@mt666tm

that’s not that bad. Just work in the clouds/water inbetween the tribal and it’ll look good

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The tribal looks fine and as stated above can easily be worked into the rest of the tattoo. You are fortunate that the artist who put the tribal on did a decent job otherwise it would really stand out badly.

As it is it is a decent tattoo but your tastes may have changed slightly work some clouds or similar and reshade the ink and will make it pop.

Better to work with what you have than try to cover it up as will ruin the sleeve.

Take Care
Matthew

TheSauce
Participant
@thesauce

Thanks a lot guys for your insight I feel much better having heard that since i just recently went into a shop and the artist was hell bent on having me laser it off(which is last resort for me). So you guys seem to agree more clouds inbetween the tribal and some shading?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Yes I would get it reshaded and added to with more detail.

The thing with laser is that it is expensive and very time consuming because you have to wait between each session for it to kick in some you are talking a min of 6-8 hits for that piece which is better part of a year.

The other factor is that whilst it may mean slightly more work for the artist to work the orig piece into the sleeve this is what you are paying them for.

Laser is a last resort and since there is nothing wrong with that tribal I would incorporate than go through the cost and pain of trying to remove it.

Take Care
Matthew

PS love what I see of the sleeve you had done.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.