samj52
Participant
@samj52

I know a nice 20-year old woman that is currently in training to become a church pastor. She has a large tattoo on her leg that just displays the initials FTW. She says her uncle told her to get it and she doesn’t know what it means. I’m requesting the help of the forum members to tell her what her tattoo means. Thank you in advance.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

That’s the weirdest story I’ve ever heard.

FTW is For The Win. To translate into human, it just means aiming for victory, but can be interpreted in many other ways if you so choose.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

It also has a punk edge to it in the states, depending on context. It could mean Fuck The World… and yes, this is really weird. Why wouldn’t she just google it?
Or you for that matter?
Why is she asking you for help?
What difference does it make?
why on earth would she get a random tattoo that she has no idea of it’s meaning just because her uncle told her to?
Why has she gone the way of religion?
when did she get the tattoo?
Is she hot?
Is she you?
How do you know this girl?

samj52
Participant
@samj52

In all honesty, I have googled it and it has several interpretations. I figured I would come to the professionals for an answer. I don’t know why she would get a random tattoo and I think she may have just thought it was cool because she admires her uncle. We are in a church program together and of course I’m not her. Why would I waste my time? “Is she hot?” will not receive an answer because it is an immature and sarcastic question.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

It wasn’t sarcastic, I was genuinely interested if she was attractive or not. Some people make accounts and ask about the tattoo on their body in third person because they don’t want us to know that they got the tat themselves. I agree, it’s dumb, but it happens a lot on here.

BTW, First hit on Google:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ftw

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.