scope
Participant
@scope

Hiya,
I wonder if any of you can help me. I had a micro dermal as a madison piercing about 18 months ago. It rejected & now I’m left with an ugly, though small scar. As a recent convert to tatts, I was wondering if it’s poss to tattoo over this scar. I can’t seem to find any info about this type of scar & tatts googling.

Any help appreciated.
Best,
Scope.:)

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

I think your best bet would be to talk to the artist you want to tattoo you and find out if he/she will even tattoo over it or not.

However, I will state this, I highly recommend NOT getting it tattooed over. The reason because of the location it will be visible depending on the type of shirt you wear. I don’t know if you are a male or female.

However, if you get a tattoo right there on your neck you are going to get a very negative response from people, especially those without tattoos because they tend to have a misconception that anyone with tattoos (especially with tats on the neck, face, & hands) are either gang members or criminals. ๐Ÿ™ Sad, but true.

Now it would really help if you could post up a picture of this so-called “ugly” scar, because you might be the only one who notices it because you KNOW it is there, but it may be that nobody else notices it the way you do! ๐Ÿ™‚

scope
Participant
@scope

Hi Jess,
Thanks for your response. I am female by the way. I am intending to talk to someone to see if maybe it could be done. I have already noticed the negative response to tattoos, sadly. I have one on my inner left forearm (it’s healing nicely) but someone whilst I was away in Wales, thought my tattoo that meant, I hadn’t, I quote, “Two brain cells to rub together”

As someone living with bi-polar disorder and dyspraxia & having had ME, I am used to ignorance, predjudice & thoughtless remarks. However I appreciate your comments & will certainly take them on board. I am a newbee to the tattoo/piercing world but was an alternative dresser when I was young. The way people react to such things astonishes me, as if being unconventional makes you less of a person.

I think these attitudes are universal, sadly. Part of being human is the unwillingness to see past our negative o(or positive) initial impression. Though there is part of me that simply wants to say ‘screw it.” I know life doesn’t work that way.

Promise to give it more thought.
Best wishes.
Scope.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

I agree with you that it is quite sad that we are branded as being lesser than others because we choose to wear a piece of art that has significant meaning to our lives ๐Ÿ™‚

I have just recently finished up my first and have yet to receive any negativity with mine at least not to my face, but mine is also houses a spiritual meaning so I don’t know if people see that as being different or something :confused: I’ve heard a couple of people grumble about it while out & about the first couple of days because I was wearing backless shirts to keep it from sticking to the tat.

But definitely think seriously about it ๐Ÿ™‚

The reason I say it might not be as bad as you think because you notice, but someone else might not. I have a 2 year old son & I am on the fairly small side, as I wore an american size 5 in juniors through the end of my pregnancy after I actually started looking pregnant instead of fat lol I never did manage to fit into maternity clothes before I had my son. I never got big enough lol However, I have TERRIBLE stretch marks on my stomach and while I think they look terrible & ugly, not many other people notice them because they are quite light-colored.

So that is why I mention it may not be as bad as you are thinking. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.