Philfee
Participant
@philfee

Hi all,

Im a graphic designer/typography enthusiast and I’m looking to have my first inking. As the tatoo I have decided to have is all type, I am ideally looking for a tattoo artist with typographic expertise. Can anyone recommend anyone in this field, preferably in the London/Essex area ??? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Guys.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

This may be a dumb question, but seeing as typography is the simplest form of ink, shouldn’t any half-decent artist have “typographic expertise” ?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I would recommend Evil From The Needle in Camden if it is your first. Great artists and a variety of styles and all of them can handle what you require.

It is also safe and sterile – don’t be tempted by many of the cheaper ones along there.

Take Care
Matthew

Philfee
Participant
@philfee

thanks very much Sherav – i’ll definitely take your advice into account.

ArniVidar as a total beginner to the tattoo industry it would be impossible for me to answer your statement/question…..i really do know nothing about skills involved in placing ink into the skin, but what i do know is that type involves several complex things, including tracking and kerning, font choice, placement and size etc etc…..just trying to make my first tattoo experience one that i wont regret later!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.