aroberts
@

I am new to tattooing, and this would be my first tattoo – I am thinking of getting a tattoo that runs vertically from my hip up to the side of my boob – would this stretch during a pregnancy?
And how painful would this be while they are tattooing along my ribs?

roie
Participant
@roie

This would probably hurt a lot and would have a stretch mark… why not start slowly? have a small tattoo done, see hot it effects you and than move on to the bigger tattoo

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

As far as pain goes, you’re going to feel it. Specially in that area now how much it hurts is completely dependent on the pain tolerance of the one being tattooed and how heavy the hand of the artist is.

Can really help you out too much with the stretch mark question though cause I don’t have to worry about it ๐Ÿ˜€ best of luck though whatever you decide with this one.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Yes ribs hurt a fair bit – when I had my back done on the edges of my ribs I really did feel the bite on there.

As for stretch marks – you are best waiting until after the pregnancy before considering such a large tattoo as there is a good chance it will end up being stretched as your pregnancy develops.

Take Care
Matthew

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose
aroberts;75593 wrote:
I am new to tattooing, and this would be my first tattoo – I am thinking of getting a tattoo that runs vertically from my hip up to the side of my boob – would this stretch during a pregnancy?
And how painful would this be while they are tattooing along my ribs?

Yes, it would stretch during your pregnancy. Anything on your stomach, hips, sides, anywhere that stretches during pregnancy will stretch out your tattoo. I promise you it will look terrible once you have the baby. I have seen far too many cherries turn into apples during pregnancy, and then become prunes once the woman has her baby. ๐Ÿ™

In my opinion, stomach, hip, side, or any tattoos that will stretch on women who are not done having children is a very bad idea because of the stretching and the terrible things it does to the overall appearance of them.

Now, I do hope you know that most reputable tattoo artists will not tattoo a pregnant woman and will make you wait at least 6 months after your pregnancy before agreeing to tattoo you.

There are many women who have had to get their tattoos removed because they got it in a place that stretched during their pregnancy and was ruined once they had their babies. So unless you are done having kids, I highly suggest you think long and hard about if you really want to ruin the hard work your artist has done creating said piece of art. That is a lot of money to spend on a tattoo only to ruin it however many months later once it stretches and shrinks back because it will never look the same again.

Just my .02! ๐Ÿ˜‰

slang
Participant
@slang

Good advice from the last post. remember that a tattoo (like a flower) can be a great way of going over baby marks and your first pregnancy should indicate how much your body will stretch so you know what the risk for a tattoo will be.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose
slang;75903 wrote:
Good advice from the last post. remember that a tattoo (like a flower) can be a great way of going over baby marks and your first pregnancy should indicate how much your body will stretch so you know what the risk for a tattoo will be.

That isn’t entirely true either because I know plenty of women who gained only 20 pounds during their first pregnancy and then gained 50 or more pounds during their second pregnancy.

Your first pregnancy is not an indicator on how big you are going to be during all of your pregnancies unless you only have 1 pregnancy ever.

The only factor determining how big you will get during your pregnancies is what you eat, how much you eat and how much you exercise instead of sitting on your ass. lol

I still stand by previous statement of waiting until after you are completely done having kids before getting any tattoos on your stomach, hips, or anywhere that stretches during pregnancy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.