kwire
Participant
@kwire

I never had stretch marks got them from gaining an extra 40 lbs in 6 months. Before that I was considering getting tatts where my rib cage down to the side, but now I got marks around the hip side and want them covered with a tattoos on both. Whats a good tattoo? I want to conceal them and was thinking a thick black tattoo -tribal could work. But I am no expert and am posting to get an idea before I even consider. I’m brown skin and judging from the pics what would be a good idea to cover them, design/style.

Some advice from artists would be good. Im aware that going to a tattooist who has experience in such work is important. I am plan on waiting until i am in better shape before doing so. I am sickened by them and want them carved away, I have been using a bunch of stuff,bio-oil-coco-ect- pictures below of the marks. The are about 6 inches across by 4 down. I need some good advice before going to a shop from artists here.

Left the pics as links since they look like slashes.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2uftu75.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/v3226d.jpg

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
kwire;75506 wrote:
I never had stretch marks got them from gaining an extra 40 lbs in 6 months. Before that I was considering getting tatts where my rib cage down to the side, but now I got marks around the hip side and want them covered with a tattoos on both. Whats a good tattoo? I want to conceal them and was thinking a thick black tattoo -tribal could work. But I am no expert and am posting to get an idea before I even consider. I’m brown skin and judging from the pics what would be a good idea to cover them, design/style.

Some advice from artists would be good. Im aware that going to a tattooist who has experience in such work is important. I am plan on waiting until i am in better shape before doing so. I am sickened by them and want them carved away, I have been using a bunch of stuff,bio-oil-coco-ect- pictures below of the marks. The are about 6 inches across by 4 down. I need some good advice before going to a shop from artists here.

Left the pics as links since they look like slashes.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2uftu75.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/v3226d.jpg

Hello and welcome. Those stretch marks still look a little fresh and red and cover a big area so your tattoo to cover them would have to be a pretty big tattoo. I recently got a tattoo over my scars which were still red and every once in awhile when it’s humid and what not, they will puff up and swell if you will. The stretch marks will always be there, but tattooing is the best way to cover their appearance obviously.

I suggest wait a little while and treat your stretch marks with a little product called Bio Oil or CoCo Butter (which you said you have) of some sort to smooth out the area and heal. Once you feel that the marks are healed, then go to your tattoo artist to get his opinion on tattooing over the marks, which shouldn’t be too big of a problem. He will either in-cooperate and work around the stretch marks in a delicate way or just go right over them if the design is right but if you don’t have much in mind of design, black, thick tribal would certainly do the trick but other things could be done.

Good luck.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I read somewhere on here that you shouldn’t tattoo over stretch marks until they are completely healed (turned silver?) It’s in the pregnancy thread somewhere… just can’t find it right now.

kwire
Participant
@kwire

I’m willing to wait and loose the excess weight. Sucks that I got them if i could I’d reverse time and avoid this from happening.

I’m waiting till they heal had them for about a couple months really started noticing them a couple weeks ago. Thought they were something from an allergic reaction. Found out preganent women get them and I aint either. And the only solution that crossed my mind was a tatt, I’ve read that they can stay red for years and read that really detailed tats arent good on them. I thought a large tribal on both sides, eventhough they are meaningless, could hid them well and magically eliminate them.

Im waiting a couple months, NeverB thanks for the advice.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

In my mind, the risk of your idea is that the tattoos might actually bring attention TO the stretch marks. If it’s ink you like and want to wear, you’ll wear it proud and nobody will see what’s under it, but if it’s just some random black crap to try to hide it, you’ll not really like wearing it and the insecurity will accentuate that there’s something to hide.

kwire
Participant
@kwire
ArniVidar;75523 wrote:
In my mind, the risk of your idea is that the tattoos might actually bring attention TO the stretch marks. If it’s ink you like and want to wear, you’ll wear it proud and nobody will see what’s under it, but if it’s just some random black crap to try to hide it, you’ll not really like wearing it and the insecurity will accentuate that there’s something to hide.

To be honest I couldnt get a “tatt” that Id be please with considering the battle wound I’ve inflicted . I am patient enought to wait up to a year and try to do as much to reduce it as possible.

Thats why I asked if there were really any tattoo style/design that would mask them since they span across the side or even conceal them completely? I’m open to the idea of putting crap on it if it somewhat eliminates the appearance and looks “better”. If their are any artists that have worked on “scars” since these marks are considered scars. What would the outcome be on healed marks?

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Here is picture of someone who had some stretch marks similiar to yours. This could give you an idea on what it could turn out to look like:

gabriella+scar+1.jpg

(^notice white, healed scars.)

09cm0.jpg

gabriella+tattoo+close+2.jpg

gabriella+tattoo+2.jpg

As you can see, the scars are still present and raised, but this work covered up their appearance and is the best overall outcome for stretch marks and their appearance so it can be done.

I agree to come up with something you’d be proud of wearing other than black tribal just to get it covered. You can come up with many options that you would personally love to where it’ll make you forget about the marks all together while something like black tribal won’t. Get something you’d enjoy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.