unceltic
Participant
@unceltic

I love this image; do you think it would translate well into a tattoo and do you think it looks better in colour or B&W (the artist has both versions on the link)

Colour (but in blue – I’m not a red person)
http://www.waltercabrera.com.ar/images/dragon%20color.jpg

Black & White
http://www.waltercabrera.com.ar/images/dragon%20bw.jpg

Other issue is that I have a small tattoo on my left shoulder so it couldn’t go horizontally, but I think if it was put at an angle, as if it’s flying along a cliff face instead of a raging inferno.

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

i like it in colour

Daxos
Participant
@daxos

Another vote for color.

Michael

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

+1 for color. Where on your body are you going to get this? It would be an awesome chest piece.

unceltic
Participant
@unceltic

Back. I’m not a bloke by the way, despite the design.

Problem with the back is that it can’t go horizontal as I have a small something on my left shoulder, hence seeing whether it could go angled.

Cheers for the feedback all by the way – I appreciate it.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I would def go colour and have you considered using the boldness of the new ink to cover the old piece for a better fit?

I am just thinking if you angle it you may need to shift the head and neck of the dragon to the side and lower more so it does not seem out of proportion.

Take Care
Matthew

alexenglish
Participant
@alexenglish

Big fan of black and white, but color takes this one. I also think red would look a lot better than blue, just my 2cents worth.

unceltic
Participant
@unceltic
Sherav;75228 wrote:
Hi

I would def go colour and have you considered using the boldness of the new ink to cover the old piece for a better fit?

I am just thinking if you angle it you may need to shift the head and neck of the dragon to the side and lower more so it does not seem out of proportion.

Take Care
Matthew

Interesting point about getting the old one covered, which I’d not considered tbh. I’ll have to talk to the artist about that when I locate one to do it. The only slight hitch is that I had my hubby’s name added to it before I got married and this latest tattoo will be his 10th anniversary present to me so seems a little rude to get the original covered up. It does sound like a good excuse to get another tattoo later though 😀

I also had the same concern about the head/neck if the design was angled – I think there needs to be a little bit more movement in the head anyway as from a distance it may become submerged into the body if you know what I mean.

alexenglish wrote:
Big fan of black and white, but color takes this one. I also think red would look a lot better than blue, just my 2cents worth.

My head tells me the red looks cool, but I am such a blue girl at heart so that’s something I may have to struggle over :p

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.