southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

Okay well the time for me to get my first tattoo is drawing very near.

I have selected an artist that was recommended to me and have been doing some research into him and into the shop he works in. The shop has gotten 49/50 raving reviews. The artists and the shop are simply adored in my area.

I just wanted an opinion from others about this particular artists work. Here is a link to some of his work.

http://www.myspace.com/ferntattoo/photos

What are some good questions to ask your artist before choosing him/her?

What are good questions to ask your artist before getting the tattoo done?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I guess it depends on what you are getting. From the link you provided it looks like this artist is strong on black and grey as well as portraits. The color… not so much. The first thing I look for is talent-does the artist make a tat look good. The second thing I consider is style.

I personally wanted a hyper-realistic incredible tat. While I was looking I found a great Japanese guy and another guy that can rock the Bio-mech thing…. But I waited and I am really happy I did because I found a guy that hit the style exactly.

What style are you getting? what is your tat going to be?

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose

I guess style would be considered tribal.

Here is the exact tattoo I am getting.

3448mt5.gif

The only difference between the picture shown & my planned tattoo is that the roses will be pink.

It is going to be about 75% larger than shown picture & is going to be on my middle to lower back from my bra strap to just below the waistline of my pants.

southern_rebel_rose
Participant
@southern_rebel_rose
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.