wickedpete
@

yeah i would make sure he uses disposable tattoo tubes and needles and they are opened in front of you. that way there’s no chance of any bacteria. I tattoo at home and have a great setup. I used to own a shop but don’t want the overhead anymore, at home is great.

oh i recently found a new disposable tattoo tube with steel tips. they friggin rock.
anyone who uses disposables with want to give these a try: http://www.truetubes.com

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

This thread seems to have gone from someone trying to persuade forum members to justify his decision to be tattooed by a stratcher.
Is it just me that found the statement “I checked him out on my FB and every shop in town recomends him as safe” A bit of a worry? Firstly if its true why are you asking strangers from all over the world? I dont know what town you live in but it must be the only town in the UK where every shop all recomend scratcher as safe. I visit a lot of studios and in my experience you would actually have got told that you might want to look at the studio portfolios and maybe think about getting tattooed in a registered studio rathe than in someones home.
Lastly we get someone who profeses to tattoo from home recomending a supplier of disposable supplys?

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Personally, I think Geordie should go for it.

And the fact that I’m a big believer in Darwinism, and kinda hope he gets a blood bourne disease and dies before he can reproduce and pass the genes for stupid on to the next generation has nothing to do with it whatsofuckingever.

Nope.

Not at all.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia
wickedpete;77689 wrote:
Spam removed

This, is apparently a new kind of spam-bots. Seen a lot of these lately. Seems like a normal reply, which than links to a product. Only one post, and that’s it. I doubt that there is suddenly a whole bunch of new members who have a strong urge to just recommend us one thing – and than never write again.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

if you’re not going to a Tim Hendricks or one of the elite tattoo artist that sometimes set up shop in random spots when traveling I would suggest not to do it.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I have heard of good tattoo artists working from their home. In every case though, they had a room that was completely sterile and clean with all the things mentioned in Sherav’s post ie… it was converted into a mini-tattoo studio. They also had the portfolios ready for anyone who wanted to see, both in person and online.

Id still be cautious about getting tattooed at someones home. At the very least i would want to see their entire portfolio and work area before hand. Also, the price your artist quotes seems somewhat low for both knuckles and 2 swallows. Seems kind of fishy to me.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.