inkbyj
Participant
@inkbyj

Do you like seeing the picture of your tattoo in your artists portfolio?? I really enjoy taking pictures of all the custom and freehand tattooing I do. Some clients really seem to enjoy that their tattoo is going to be in my portfolio, while I have had others who have asked me not to photograph the tattoo at all.

Whats everyone think??

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

My sleeve in progress is in my artist’s portfoilio, and I have no problem whatsoever of her taking the pic and showing it. I think she does an amazing job, and the only real way for other people to see her work is through proof of stuff she’s done. She should be proud of her work, and so I think having your pic in your artist’s profile means they’re proud of the work they’ve done on you…
I think some people prefer not to have their stuff in the portfolio, as they may not want anyone to ever copy their ink, or some reasons like that..

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, I can understand both sides of the coin. On one hand I would consider it an honor that my artist thinks so highly of my ink that (s)he wants to showcase it, but at the same time my ink is 100% unique (well, as far as anything is unique, and I have seen) because I don’t like having something that everybody else has. If my ink is so good that it’s worth showcasing, then it’ll probably be something that people will copy. Not so unique then ๐Ÿ™‚ Although, I guess being the first counts for something, AND I’d hope that any decent artist would simply refuse to do THAT piece again and create something unique again with similar concepts….

So.. yes, no, maybe ๐Ÿ˜€

Navysooner
Participant
@navysooner

I got a tattoo of an F-14 Tomcat from Shotsie Gorman about 2 months ago. Just recently I saw the picture up on his web site and myspace site. I felt kind of honored.

DizziDip
Participant
@dizzidip

I’m split, whilst i would see it as an honour that my artist is so chuffed, i am also defensive that it is my piece of art and that it should never be copied cos it is mine!

Love
DD xx

artyfart
Participant
@artyfart

same as dizzidip

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.