ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hey folks.

As always I’m thinking about my future ink, and today I remembered that I have a whole bunch of birth marks on me, specifically on my back and arms, where I’m planning my biggest and most intricate ink.

So what is the general view on tattooing over birth marks? Is that just not done? Would it be better for me to have them removed, creating ugly scars, and having them tattooed?

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

I don’t really know what a tattoo artist themselves would say, but my artist tattooed over mine, but said they normally don’t like to, so just keep an eye on it while its healing and such. It hurts a bit in the healing process as well, itches more than normal, well for me it did anyways.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hurts more? Well crap, that’s not good news. I have loads of them on my back, and I’ll have enough problems with the healing process there (dealing with it on my own) without that as well ๐Ÿ˜€

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Yeah, I found mine extremely itchy!…so have fun. Heh. It’s so worth it in the long run anyways. And since I’m too lazy to browse all the other threads, in which I’m sure contain the answer to this question…what are you planning for your back anyways?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Actually, there are no threads anywhere answering that question, mainly because I haven’t decided properly ๐Ÿ˜€

But the idea I’m leaning most towards for my back (basically because the idea it self is the biggest, and thus in need of the biggest canvas) is going to be a realistic fantasy scene. Dragon, knight/fighter of some sort, gnarly tree, eery clouds and full moon in the background… all very rough still, and my biggest problem is finding an artist able to create the dragon never drawn before. I need a fantasy cartoonist and the only one in the country only does what HE wants, so probably never exactly what the customer wants.

But apart from that scene, I have maybe 10 different ‘things’ I want inked on me, and have very much trouble choosing what should go where.. which is why I have problems starting any of it ๐Ÿ˜€

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Ohh, okay then, cool.

Ahh, well it all sounds pretty awesome. Finding an artist will be quite difficult for you then, I’m sure. Are you planning on getting the back piece done soon, once you decide what you finally want or…waitin a bit?
Either way, I think it’ll be very cool!

I hear that!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Yeah, I’m guessing I might have to just find a paper artist (those are easier to come by) and then find a good portrait tattoo artist to transfer the painting/pencil drawing/whatever to my skin.

And seeing as the backpiece is going to cost me some $8-10k, I will try to save up for each session as I go. Each sleeve is going to be around $3-5k and the foot sleeves another $15k. Worst case I’m looking at 60-70 grand. At those prices, I can actually consider flying to America (where there are as good and better artists and MUCH more of them) for a session and then flying back the next day… doing that back and forth for each session ๐Ÿ˜€

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Holy sh*t man! That’s insane! You’re paying that much already for the ink, may as well pay for the travel time if you find an artist you really wanna go with!! Ay yi yi…my sleeve is gonna cost me in total around $3500 I think…bah. How I’d love to win the lottery, I’d be covered in ink!

ArniVidar
@arnividar
board_riider;74458 wrote:
How I’d love to win the lottery, I’d be covered in ink!

Amen, brother. I hear that!

I buy lottery tickets.. I never win a dime. Apparently I’m not meant to get an easy ride through life :p

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

That’d be amen sister, lol…I’m a girl. Anywho….

Yeah…i win free tix occasionally, but that’s about it…makes me keep playing ’em anyways! Just makes you appreciate everything you have more anyways without the easy ride.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Apologies sister. It’s not like you appear overly masculine, or anything ๐Ÿ˜€

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Hey now….whatcha sayin’? lol.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Typical female… I say one thing, you understand it the other way ๐Ÿ˜€

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Shhhhhhhhh! That’s not nice.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.