funkydbmtb
Participant
@funkydbmtb

I work in a gym and do PT and teach classes

Today one of my work mates pulls me to one side to give me some customer feedback about my class that I taught last night.

I was too happy, music was too fast, work out was too hard and oh yeah………………….

They dont think that I should have tattoos and not cover them up whilst teaching!!!

what a bunch of cock!!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Sounds like someone complained. It does suck, but until you own your own gym you have to play by their rules.

funkydbmtb
Participant
@funkydbmtb

fortunately I do run the gym for a company and the company I work for a pretty cool and have not asked/demanded that I cover them up so am pleased by that.

I have worked for the company doing this kinda thing for 10 years and no one has ever made that comment before, couldn’t believe it!

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Some people are intimidated by people with tattoos. Especially if the tats are dark or offensive. If it was only 1 person, I wouldn’t sweat it. Was it some little old lady? Can you cover if need be?

funkydbmtb
Participant
@funkydbmtb

Weirdly it was a lady that I have instructed in the gym loads of times but when I teach I wear sleevless tops so she had not seen it before.

It is a small dragon on my right bicep about an inch thick wrapping around my bicep so not massive.

However I have got a sleeve planned in November that will cover it up but obviously I am now worried about the fallout that will occur after that!! ha ha

wasnt an issue as I saw it but maybe it will be!!??

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Some peoples attitudes towards ink is daft but that’s life, you’ve just got to play the game. I want to be a teacher after uni so I’m carfully considering where I get tattoos.

Maybe you should talk to your boss before you get any larger work just to make sure your job will be safe. Ask them to confirm it in writing so you can sue them if they change their mind lol.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.