BeneathMe
Participant
@beneathme

Hey all! Im brand new to this site!
Ive only had one tattoo, but i can guarantee more ๐Ÿ™‚
Just a little question.
I have a tattoo on my stomach, “alis volat propriis” – she flies with her own wings.
Although i really love this tattoo, i am however unhappy with the positioning of it, i believe it is too high!
Any ideas on a possible future cover up ? to make it look more in proportion.
Or, Extra details i could have added to it ?
Im just nervous for when i start a family and the writing may become distroted and illegible.
Maybe a larger print over it?
I know i should have thought about all this before having the tattoo, but i admit i was naiive and rushed into it.
Please no lectures ๐Ÿ™
Your help and advice is HUGELY appreciated guys ๐Ÿ™‚

– im new to this so dont know how to upload a pic directly to this post, but if you click on my profile i made an album and put the pic in there.
Thanks again!

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I wouldn’t have said it was too high at all. I like it, it’s really pretty and femanine and I think it’ d be a shame to get it covered by something that would inevitably be be bigger and less dainty. I also wouldn’t worry about it being distorted when you decide to have kids.

Your skin is pretty unique to you, some women when pregnant get stretch marks but then again some don’t. It all depends on how your skin as to whether it’ll distort. If you use stuf flike cocoa butter on your baby bump it’ll help your skins elasticity and hopefully prevent distortion.

If you’re set on getting it covered I certainly wouldn’t do it till after you have as many kids as you’re wanting to cos the cover up job will just get distorted too.

If you’re wanting a bit of something to add to it, a bit of filigree is always nice on scrip but again I wouldn’t add to it untill after you have a family if you’re worried about distortion cos you’ll just be creating a larger area to potentially cover up.

Hope that helped a bit ๐Ÿ™‚

BeneathMe
Participant
@beneathme
Morwin Nerdbane;73883 wrote:
I wouldn’t have said it was too high at all. I like it, it’s really pretty and femanine and I think it’ d be a shame to get it covered by something that would inevitably be be bigger and less dainty. I also wouldn’t worry about it being distorted when you decide to have kids.

Your skin is pretty unique to you, some women when pregnant get stretch marks but then again some don’t. It all depends on how your skin as to whether it’ll distort. If you use stuf flike cocoa butter on your baby bump it’ll help your skins elasticity and hopefully prevent distortion.

If you’re set on getting it covered I certainly wouldn’t do it till after you have as many kids as you’re wanting to cos the cover up job will just get distorted too.

If you’re wanting a bit of something to add to it, a bit of filigree is always nice on scrip but again I wouldn’t add to it untill after you have a family if you’re worried about distortion cos you’ll just be creating a larger area to potentially cover up.

Hope that helped a bit ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you ! ๐Ÿ™‚ Yeah, i never really thought about it like that. I think ill definitely wait until i have children to add to it.. or do whatever i decide to do.
The only thing that bugs me is when Im in just my underwear/bikini it looks randomly placed and in the middle of my stomach… hmm :/
Thanks for your help though, ill definitely try that cocoa butter when the time comes !

BUMP.. (thread)

BeneathMe
Participant
@beneathme

bump ?…..

cruciaL
Participant
@crucial

i took a look as well and i have to agree with Morwin.
the tattoo definitely looks fine where it is and i’m sure whether you’re in just your underwear/bikini, it doesn’t look as distorted as you think it may be.
i wouldn’t cover it up, i’d leave it as is or maybe just add to it.
also, with modern technology these days, i’m sure you can go without stretch marks depending on how you would take care of your baby belly.
and good looks for thinking about the future like that!

anyways best of luck to you and again, i think you definitely look fine…. with the tattoo that is haha

J8192
Participant
@j8192

your tattoo is soo cute! please don’t cover it up..in my opinion ๐Ÿ™‚ i’ve seen girls with tats on their stomach and I wonder the same thing, whether it would stretch or not when you have children. But it looks great just where it is. Your still young and when the time comes then you can worry about what do with your tattoo. Until then just enjoy it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

not to sound pervy but I think you should retake the photo with the rest of you in the photo. It looks fine where it is but it’s a close up shot so it’s kind of tough to tell.

From what you have given us I would not change a thing.

BeneathMe
Participant
@beneathme

Gsouder.. why should i take a picture with the rest of me in ?

And thank you all! im learning to love it now, well.. because ive just found out im pregnant!
im gonna embrace my tattoo on my bump ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.