stewroids
Participant
@stewroids

Alright! So when I first got my tattoos in September of 2009, I did not have any stretch marks, but I’ve been lifting weights and have been growing and these stretch marks are magically appearing!

I have a full chest plate, half sleeve and half of my upper back fully tatto’d. My chest (around the shoulder) is slowly developing some stretch marks (not too noticeable) but I have one long stretch mark that is forming in my inner bicep.

It’s actually stretched so bad that the tattoo is slowly disappearing! I’m afraid that it’ll continue to grow, and mess up all my ink in my inner bicep. I’ve purchased “Bio-Oil” and it’s suppose to help relieve stretch marks – just curious on any other products I can use, or if Bio Oil is even effective?

Here’s a picture of it, it’s right beside my armpit. Any input is greatly appreciated!
IMG_20100831_180935.jpg

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
stewroids;73701 wrote:
Alright! So when I first got my tattoos in September of 2009, I did not have any stretch marks, but I’ve been lifting weights and have been growing and these stretch marks are magically appearing!

I have a full chest plate, half sleeve and half of my upper back fully tatto’d. My chest (around the shoulder) is slowly developing some stretch marks (not too noticeable) but I have one long stretch mark that is forming in my inner bicep.

It’s actually stretched so bad that the tattoo is slowly disappearing! I’m afraid that it’ll continue to grow, and mess up all my ink in my inner bicep. I’ve purchased “Bio-Oil” and it’s suppose to help relieve stretch marks – just curious on any other products I can use, or if Bio Oil is even effective?

Here’s a picture of it, it’s right beside my armpit. Any input is greatly appreciated!
IMG_20100831_180935.jpg

Hello,

I’m an avid lifter as well, and have a whole vein of stretch marks in and around my shoulder area as well as in and out and around of my armpit area. When muscle grows, so does your skin so stretch marks are inevitable and more could possibly form. However, I don’t expect your stretch mark to grow past a certain point and make its way dowward towards your inner bicep. You’ll usually find stretch mark growth around the shoulder/armpit area.

I have a half sleeve as well, and my tattooist just tattooed right over some to cover up. The only difference is, is that my marks were already there and completley healed. Once your scar tissue heals (which looks fresh and red) then you should have NO problem covering that spot up. You are doing the RIGHT thing. I use BIO OIL myself and is regarded as the best thing to use on your skin givin’ existing stretch marks. Also use a CoCo Butter, which pregnant women use during there life of pregnancy to smooth the skin of all stretch marks. You should be fine, just keep treating them and all will be good for future ink.

stewroids
Participant
@stewroids

Thanks for the reply!

Would applying Bio Oil & Coco Butter daily literally remove the stretch mark? It would it just reduce the size of it? I hate to re-tattoo it, because that was the most painful spot 😛

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
stewroids;73708 wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

Would applying Bio Oil & Coco Butter daily literally remove the stretch mark? It would it just reduce the size of it? I hate to re-tattoo it, because that was the most painful spot 😛

No, once a stretch mark or any other scar on the body is present, there’s nothing you could do to get rid of it. However, the bio oil and coco butter will certainly diminish the appearance to pretty much nothing and even though the scars would still be there, the scars would certainly heal properly and take form of your natural skin color.

Even though scars will be scars, applying coco butter to your skin will without a doubt prevent more scars from popping up in the near future, so apply coco butter to your skin so that the % of stretch marks go down with the result of weight training. Like I said earlier, Coco butter is mainly a key indicator to pregnant women in pregnancy who prepare to battle the possible appearance of stretch marks, and coco butter helps women along the way of taking care of their skin before hand.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I agree. Cocoa butter and bio oil are the shiz when it comes to scars. Id start using them asap cos tattooing over stretch marks is hellish. The skin is so thin on the scar that when the needle hits it you can feel it sink in deeper. It feels like it’s falling through your leg. Utter torture. Don’t mean to scare you :p

Dice
Participant
@dice

I dont know, but my opinion, dont do lifts after a phew months of getting a tat.

Your tissue is still healing. 🙂

30Hz
Participant
@30hz

Should be fine once your stretch mark has fully healed (silverish colour) allowing your tattooist to cover it. I have both my inner biceps full of the bastards and I can’t say mine were from body building either, moisturising and using bio oil or any other alternative is a good preventative but if you lift or gain and lose constantly they will occur..

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

id use coco butter it works better than anything 😉 ask any pregnant woman !

LuckyLass
Participant
@luckylass

Do you put the cocoa butter on before and during pregnancy? Or after? Cause I have a lower back tat and I want to keep it in its best shape when I have kids in the future…

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I believe that ‘during’ is the most important time… it helps the skin to become more elastic, and thus elimintes much of the stretch marks.

LuckyLass
Participant
@luckylass

oh okay its always good to know, even tho I dont plan on kids for years…my sister had a baby recently and when I saw her stretch marks I made a promise to my tattoo I would do everything in my power to save it! haha

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

from memory i believe that a zinc supplement will reduce the appearance of stretch marks. i think your zinc levels have something to do with the elasticity of the skin

You need more zinc in your diet!!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

during and after for a while , but never use it on a fresh tattoo

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.