LupinTheThird
@

Hello, I am a big fan of the Legend of Zelda, so I wanted to get a triforce tattoo. Originally, I wanted to get it on the back of my hand because that’s where it shows up on the main character, but several people have told me that’s not a good place to put it. I was thinking of putting it on my wrist. Is this a good idea for my first tattoo?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Whether or not this is a good idea, really depends entirely on your personality. Do you have the strong personality required to deal with the naysayers, the pricks, the bastards and the idiots of the world, whose only task in life is to hate your stupid, ugly, nerdy tattoo? If you really want this tattoo, and if you can look them in the eyes and tell them to fuck off with their assaults on your personality, then I don’t see why you shouldn’t get that tattoo.

However, I would like to ask whether you have given this tattoo any real thought? Triforce on it’s own is a very dull symbol.. just a bunch of triangles creating another triangle. If this is what you want, then fine…. I just wonder if it’s a spur of the monent thing with you, or if you’ve given it some real thought?

And yes, getting inked in a visible place can and probably will limit your job opportunities, and a hand tattoo is probably the second-worst place (after the face) in this regard.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I’m a huge LOZ fan. The first one is still my all time favorite video game. In my mind it’s perfect, from the first wooden sword through the invisible Ganon fight at the end and the new world that shows up afterwards where everything is in an entirely different place- Pure 8 bit genius!

That said, I agree with Arni. If you were thinking about a Zelda SLEEVE I would be ALL OVER this idea. Just getting the triforce seems forced and a little impulsive. If you really want something different put some thought into this and come up a with a really good idea. my guess would be that you would get this and then regret it soon thereafter and since it’s going to be on your hand/wrist there will be no way to cover it up other than laser or going much bigger.

Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.